B737 Type Rated Instructor
- Mascot, Sydney
- A fantastic opportunity to train and work with our Qantas pilots
- A position available in Sydney
Life in the Qantas Group is fast moving, challenging and always exciting.
That’s because today we’re much more than an iconic airline. With 35,000 people in Australia and overseas across our airline, freight, catering, ground service, loyalty, health and media arms, we’re as diverse as the people who work with us. Together we’re driving our success and maintaining our position as a world class organisation. And as we engage our next generation, we continue to look for the passion, ambition and commitment that have always set the us apart.
Wherever you work across the Qantas Group, you’ll quickly discover that a role with us is much more than a job. In this dynamic environment, you’re encouraged to demonstrate initiative, embrace a challenge and build your experience every day.
At Qantas, we fly the skies with an incredible sense of pride. As training pilots, we recognise that we’re the legacy of all who have come before us, and together we’re the guardians of our high standard into the future.
We are currently accepting applications for a Type Rated Instructor – Simulator Instructor (TRI-SI) position based in Sydney.
As a Simulator Instructor, you will provide training and checking duties as outlined in the Qantas Training and Checking Manual (TACM).
To be eligible for selection, you will have the following prerequisites:
- Have held, as a minimum, an Australian Commercial Pilot Licence (Aeroplane)
- Have held an Instrument Rating endorsed with Multi-Engine Aeroplane and IAP 2D and 3D;
- A high standard of proficiency
- A minimum of 1000 hours multi-engine (fixed wing) command time
- Experience in Regular Public Transport, multi-crew jet or turboprop operations, or equivalent
- A demonstrated knowledge of Civil Aviation Legislation applicable to jet transport operations and flight crew training and licencing
- An in-depth understanding of human factors and non-technical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- A proven ability to work as part of a team
- A high level of motivation
- Type-Rated on the B737 (preferred) and
- Previous experience in narrow or wide-body jet aircraft operations, or previous instructor experience in multi-crew aeroplane Type Rating training
As a Simulator Instructor, your key duties will include:
- Type rating training in the simulator
- Recurrent training and proficiency checks in the simulator
- Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of TACM, Flight Administration Manual (FAM), aircraft-specific manuals, and relevant regulatory documents
- Attending and participating in professional development days and training meetings
- Providing a positive and caring training culture for all trainees
- Demonstrating strong leadership by displaying high standards of conduct and behaviour consistent with our Qantas values
- Being flexible and sensitive when dealing with different viewpoints, styles, and cultures, and promoting and embracing diversity in line with our Qantas values
- Providing reports to the Manager Training and Checking (MTC) each bid period, highlighting training issues and trends identified
- Other duties as required by the MTC.
We want to see our people grow personally and professionally. Our brand values and Qantas Group beliefs guide the way we behave, reminding us to always live up to those expectations. Together, we can achieve more than we ever imagined.
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application. As an equal opportunity employer, we place a high value on diversity. If you believe you have the experience, qualifications and skills described above, please take your career to new heights by applying for this position.
Your personal information will be kept confidential in compliance with relevant privacy legislation.
If you have any questions in relation to this opportunity, please contact Mr Tim Reid, Deputy Manager Training and Checking B737, on 03 9280 8418.
Be a part of something special and play your part in the Qantas story – apply today.
Applications Close: 12 December 2019
Challenge yourself with this unique training opportunity