Website Cobham Aviation Services
Cobham Special Mission, formerly known as Surveillance Australia, provides aerial surveillance services under a long term contract to the Australian Border Force Service.
It is the largest civil maritime surveillance operation of its kind in the world.
The company operates 10 Bombardier Dash 8 aircraft under this contract from bases in Cairns, Darwin, and Broome. These aircraft patrol Australian waters 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in search of illegal activities.
- Be at least 18 years old,
- Hold an Australian CPL(A) and IR,
- >1000hours total flying experience,
- 500 hours as pilot in command fixed wing,
- Hold a CASA Class 1 Aviation Medical,
- Have passed CASA ATPL Human Factors theory examination,
- Be an Australian citizen (to enable application for Australian Government Security Clearance),
- Hold a current passport, and
- Be eligible for both an Aviation Security Identity Card (ASIC) and an Australian Government Security Clearance. An extensive security process must be commenced after a successful interview and must be completed before course commencement.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Multi crew experience,
- Have held a multi-engine Command Instrument Rating with 1 or more renewals (valid within the last 12 months)
- Hold passes in ALL ATPL(A) subjects
Applications are via email with CV and Cover Letter.
To apply for this job please visit www.cobhamaviationservices.com.