Air Charter Scotland is currently looking for a Ground Operations Manager to join their growing Operations team based at our Head Office in East Kilbride.
They are one of Europe’s leading Executive Jet Charter and Management Companies, operating a fleet of light, mid-sized and heavy business jets on a Worldwide Air Operator Certificate out of London Luton airport.
The Ground Operations Manager is a nominated Post Holder position accountable to the Operations Director with overall responsibility of the Ground Operations Team.
Key responsibilities will include:
– Managing compliance and safe operational practices as required by current legislation and as detailed in the Company’s Operations & Procedures manual.
– Demonstrating a high understanding of Company Local Procedures with ultimate responsibility for safe operational practices.
– Establishing and maintaining an effective system that can demonstrate continuing compliance.
– Demonstrating leadership within the Operations department.
– Complete oversight of the Operations Department with full visibility and control of all tasks.
– Managing departmental objectives by planning, evaluating and fully understanding all operational tasks.
– Managing effective cost control of operational costs including negotiation of handling and fuelling.
– Ensuring Operations Team training and continued development.
– Providing effective performance management.
– Managing the preparation of reports as necessary.
– Managing and auditing of crew FTL records.
– Managing an effective travel and hotel accommodation system in compliance with the Company Travel Policy
– Managing the maintenance of Crew passports, visas and travel documentation
– Managing customer on board VIP catering requirement
– Monitoring crew reports to ensure any issues are addressed with input from management and internal departments.
Due to the nature of the Aviation industry, the workload is reactive to client demands.
It is essential that the candidate has:
– An excellent understanding of aviation operations
– Strong leadership skills
– High standards of teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
– Excellent organisational skills
– A commercial awareness associated with the role
– Exceptional attention to detail
– Strong negotiation skills
Anyone interested should in the first instance submit a recent CV and a cover letter with any additional points in support of their application.
In return the Company offer career progression opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
Applications are online with CV and Covering Letter.