Air Charter Scotland is currently looking for an individual to join their growing Operations team in East Kilbride.
They are one of Europe’s leading Executive Jet Charter and Management Companies, operating a fleet of business jets. To assist in their expansion, they are seeking a motivated Operations Controller to work in a challenging and enjoyable environment.
The purpose of the Operation Controller is to provide support to our Flight Crew. Your role is to ensure the safe and on time departure and arrival of each of our fleet of aircraft, whether they are operating to CAT (commercial air transport) or non-CAT standards. This involves general flight planning from the start of a booking to the completion of a flight schedule and must be done in accordance with Company Regulations, Standards and Procedures.
Additionally, an understanding of crewing, Commercial Sales and knowledge of aircraft maintenance requirements is compulsory in building a good understanding of the overall Operation.
The job requires a working pattern of 6 days on and 3 days off on a rotational shift pattern and includes additional on-call responsibilities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Following Company Local Procedures to arrange aircraft schedules
- Adherence to Company Operations Manual
- Filing of Flight Plans using Air Support PPS software
- Maintaining Flight Watch of Company aircraft movements
- Arranging over-flight and landing permits (often through third party agents)
- Managing all Air Traffic Slot requirements
- Arranging handling services for Company aircraft movements
- Assisting in setting up Crew transport and accommodation where travel coordinator isn’t available
- Processing Return Flight Paperwork
- Maintain Crew Duty Records in accordance with Company & EASA regulations
- Liaising with customers, crew and third party service providers
- Liaising with senior flight management regarding Operations into unknown airfields or areas
- Keen monitoring of crew reports to ensure any issues are addressed with input from management and other applicable departments
- Ensure a full Crew Brief is available to crew for ALL CAT & non-CAT flight
Due to the nature of the Aviation industry, much of the workload tends to be last minute and reactive to client demands. It is for this reason that we are looking for an individual who thrives under pressure and who enjoys undertaking a challenge.
Our industry is Customer Service driven and therefore we expect the highest standard of service from all of our team. You will report directly to the Ground Operations Manager. It is essential that candidates are driven, enthusiastic about multitasking and possess excellent organisational and communication skills with exceptional attention to detail. The company offers excellent progression opportunities for the right candidate.
Training is primarily provided in-house but we work closely with UKOMA, investing in our staff to offer further training in order to give a greater knowledge of the industry.
The position would suit someone educated to degree standard with an interest in aviation.
Holding an ATPL would be an advantage but not essential.
Applications are online with CV and Covering Letter.