Website Air Tanker
We are pleased to announce that we are recruiting for direct-entry Senior Cabin Crew Members (SCCMs), to join our team at AirTanker (ATr). The senior roles available are for Pursers and Cabin Supervisors positions, and will be based in Manchester. Successful candidates will be fully trained to the specific role requirement in order to react promptly to the needs of the business.
Who we are
AirTanker was set-up to provide the Ministry of Defence (MoD) with an air-to-air re-fuelling and air transport capability. To facilitate this, ATr provides a turnkey service including the flight operations, ground operations, fleet engineering, training, infrastructure and a fleet of 14, specially modified, A330-243 aircraft. In 2016 ATr successfully launched into the commercial leasing ACMI (Aircraft, Crew, Maintenance and Insurance) market using four of our Airbus A330 Aircraft. These aircraft are damp and wet leased to other carriers, when they are not required to support our military customer.
At ATr we have a great deal of experience in providing airlines with short, medium or long term damp or wet leases. We provide a reliable service to carriers when additional coverage is required due to unexpected technical issues, planned maintenance or simply to support their fleet at peak times. AirTanker can rebrand to specific client requirements and tailor the
As SCCM you will be working as part of a close-knit team ensuring that our passengers fly safely and receive exceptional customer care. Below are details of the primary job roles for the Purser and Cabin Supervisor.
Purser Primary Job Role
The Purser takes overall responsibility for the coordination of standard and emergency procedures in order to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our passengers. They are responsible for managing the entire crew and cabin operation including technical systems. They are tasked with motivating and inspiring the team to deliver outstanding customer service as well as communicating effectively with the Flight Crew at all times.
Cabin Supervisor Primary Job Role
The Cabin Supervisor supports the Purser in coordinating the safety, security and wellbeing of the passengers and crew on board. The Cabin Supervisor will take charge of the cabin crew at the rear of the aircraft and supervise them in their role to achieve a safe and efficient operation.
Key responsibilities for the SCCM roles
- Prepare for the flight ahead, gathering relevant information, demonstrating proficiency in SEP knowledge
- Assure the safety, security, comfort and well-being of all passengers on board
- Working together with your fellow SCCM and the Commander to ensure all safety and security checks are completed and cabin defects are reported
- Recognise differing needs and expectations of customers associated with ACMI Operations ensuring a high level of customer service is achieved
- Foster a leadership style conducive to the development and maintenance of the highest standards of Crew Resource Management
- Working together with your fellow SCCM taking a positive leading role in decision making on board
- Proactively take ownership for any issues that arise and ensure they are followed up and recorded accordingly
- Actively promote ATr through positive behaviours and exceptional operational performance
- Maintain cabin crew discipline at all times and provide support where required
- Communicate effectively with the Cabin Services Department using the correct reporting processes
- Complete on board cabin crew assessments and provide constructive feedback
- Ensure all required documentation and paperwork is completed accurately
- Act as mentor to a team of Cabin Crew
- Work cohesively with all service providers
- Personally responsible for On Time Performance to meet our customers’ needs
Behaviours & Experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent technical knowledge
- Proven people management and leadership skills (internal or external experience)
- Ability to lead a team and contribute effectively within a team environment
- Capacity to solve problems and provide proactive solutions
- Exceptional personal standards and professional presentation
- Demonstrate exceptional conduct at all times
- Act as an ambassador for ATr and display role model behaviour at all times
- A demonstrable passion for both Safety and Customer Service
- Confident in making decisions and working under pressure
- Able to motivate and inspire others displaying flexible management style
- Capacity to deliver constructive and objective feedback and give clear direction to the crew
- Excellent attention to detail
- You are required to have either 2 seasons experience operating as cabin crew for AirTanker and/or significant experience as an operating Senior Cabin Crew Member in the airline industry within the last 36 months.
Where appropriate, you will be required to provide documented evidence from your previous employer to support your application.
In order to apply for the SCCM role, you are required to complete the below questions and submit a copy of your CV.
- Please provide an example of when you took a leading role in the successful completion of a task with limited information and/ or resources.What was the situation?How did you contribute?
- Please state what are the key challenges you anticipate, should you be successful in your application for a SCCM position.
What measures would you put in place to overcome these challenges?
If you are successful at application stage, you will be invited to attend an Assessment Day in July.
Successful applicants at the assessment stage will be offered a Purser or Cabin Supervisor role or a position in our hold pool, which will be determined by their experience, suitability and performance.
Closing date: 23rd June 2019. ATr reserve the right to withdraw the advertised position at any time prior to the closing date, if sufficient number of applications have been received.
Please email your completed application questions and CV to the following email address:
We regret that we will not be able to provide feedback to individuals that are not successful at application stage.
Due to the nature of the organisation, all employees of AirTanker Services are required to be security cleared to SC level. If successful in your application we would support you with the SC process. As a guideline only, you would normally need to have been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years. Further confirmation can be found on the National Security Vetting (NSV) website https://www.gov.uk/security-vetting-and-clearance
If you have not been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years, please be prepared to request an Overseas Criminal Records Check for these countries as you will be asked to provide this for referencing and security checks if you are successful.
Applications are online.