Website British Airways
British Airways Direct Entry First Officers
British Airways are recruiting Direct Entry First Officers for their Heathrow and Gatwick (EuroFlyer) in the UK. Info from BA Careers page here.
To apply you must hold a current type rating with a minimum of 500 hours or 100 sectors on a Zero Flight Time qualifying aircraft. Please read the job description for full criteria.
This is a key time to be joining British Airways as we build a Better BA. We take huge pride in our past – but we’re looking to the future as an airline that loves embracing the best of modern Britain. Our country’s creativity, diversity, style, wit and warmth are the same special qualities that make us who we are. If you’re made of the same qualities as us, you could soon be part of the next chapter of our story. Together as one team, we’re connecting Britain with the world and the world to Britain like no one else.
For British Airways Pilots, the customer always comes first. Your goal will be to provide the very best flight experience possible. Wherever you are going, your flying will be world class. The life of a commercial pilot is exciting, and you’ll be challenged every day to perform to the highest standards.
We offer a greater choice of fleet types and routes, both long and short haul, than any other UK airline. We are continuing to welcome more deliveries of Airbus A350, A320 NEO & B787.
As we continue our post Covid recovery, we are seeking suitably qualified pilots to joinus for 2023 and beyond.
Not only will you have the chance to further your career development within BA, you’ll have access to our competitive reward and benefits package. This includes core company paid benefits such as a Defined Contribution pension scheme, generous Life Assurance cover and a whole host of options to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing. You can also sign up for a range of voluntary benefits such as Private Medical cover, Dental and Critical Illness cover, Technology Scheme, Cycle to Work and Electric Car Scheme. And of course, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefit of staff travel as soon as you join us.
The Airbus A320 remains our primary recruiting fleet, therefore preference will be given to those that hold a current A320 rating.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at British Airways. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
** If you are a current BA CityFlyer Pilot you must apply via Jobsearch **
Before joining British Airways you must hold a UK Part-FCL Licence.
The process of transferring from EASA Part-FCL to UK Part-FCL is strictly time limited and the latest guidance for licence conversion is issued on the CAA website and can be found using the link below.
Whilst we can progress your application without a UK licence, we are unable to make a formal offer until you are in possession of one.
What we ask of you:
- A current UK Part-FCL Licence (or the ability to convert to).
- Hold a current type rating with a minimum of 500 hours or 100 sectors on a Zero Flight Time qualifying aircraft.
- UK CAA Class 1 flight crew medical.
- Rating requirements will differ per campaign.
- A good level of physical fitness, and ability to satisfy the British Airways medical requirements.
- ICAO Level 6 proficiency in English language.
- A valid passport (with minimum of 12 months before expiry date) allowing unrestricted worldwide travel.
- The unrestricted right to live and work in the UK.
What we can offer in return:
As a dedicated Pilot for our iconic brand, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary with additional flying pay and duty allowances. You may also enjoy:
- Our flexible benefits scheme is available to colleagues and offers a range of benefits including a market-leading defined contribution (DC) pension. The scheme gives you more control over your benefits and how you spend the contributions we make. The benefits to choose from include; critical illness cover, cycle to work, additional life insurance cover, private medical insurance, dental plan and healthcare cash plan.
- Access to an industry leading roster bidding system.
- All pilots are eligible for non-contributory Loss of Licence scheme provided by the company after a qualifying period.
- A non-contributory Healthcare plan.
- Access to British Airways Health Services.
- Life insurance.
- Up to 42 days annual holiday, including 8 days in lieu of the bank holidays.
- Investment in ongoing training and development.
- Attractive travel concessions across our extensive network and other airlines.*
- Unlimited discounted airfares for your friends and family.
- Free airport parking at Heathrow while on holiday.
- Discount on the Heathrow Express.
- Discounts at selected car hire, hotels and retail stores.
- Excellent facilities at the award-winning Terminal 5 at Heathrow, including our state-of-the-art Crew Report Centre.
- Subsidised staff restaurants.
- At our Waterside Head Office, you’ll have access to; a cashpoint, HighLife Shop, company gym, dental care, Waterside Hair and Beauty.
*after qualifying period of six months
We may alter or withdraw non-contractual benefits at our discretion from time to time.
Applications are to be submitted online.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ba.com.