Website British Airways
The Direct Entry Pilot Scheme (Managed Path/UK Service Pilot) has just opened and is an exciting career pathway for experienced, high calibre Qualified Service Pilots of the Army Air Corp, Royal Air Force, Royal Marines and Royal Navy who are within 2 years of their exit point.
The life of a British Airways Pilot is exciting and rewarding – you’ll fly one of the world’s most modern fleet, to an array of destinations routes, long and short haul.
You will enjoy all the world-class training, invaluable experience, and career progression you would expect from a global premium airline.
This is the perfect opportunity for those who want to make the most of their skills and experience to join one of the most progressive international airlines in the business.
To apply, you’ll need:
- Eligibility criteria for the British Airways Managed Path is contained in Tri-Service 2014 DIN 01-180 and we ask that you please read this Instruction. If you are not eligible for the Managed Path initiative, but are in receipt of an exit date from your service, you may also apply through this scheme
- A minimum of 1500 hours flying experience on any service aircraft.
- Able to obtain by your start date a UK issued EASA Flight Crew Licence
- EASA Class 1 flight crew medical
- Your height will need to be between 1.57m (5’2″) and 1.91m (6’3″) with weight in proportion to height (height is accurately determined during the assessment process). Qualified pilots who are taller than 1.91m may submit an application but will be required to undergo a functionality check to confirm their ability to meet the requirements of the seating positions in the British Airways fleet of aircraft
- A good level of physical fitness, and ability to satisfy the British Airways medical requirements
- ICAO Level 6 proficiency in English language
- A valid passport (with minimum of 12 months before expiry date) allowing unrestricted worldwide travel
- The unrestricted right to live and work in the UK
To apply please contact your Career Manager.