Website Emirates Airlines
Emirates are currently recruiting Direct Entry Captains onto their ‘Super Jumbo’ A380 fleet.
Source: Emirates Pilot Careers Website
To become one of our A380 Captains, you will need a minimum of 7000 hrs total flying time multi- crew, multi- engine (only time in the operating seat of a turboprop and/or turbojet aircraft can be counted; not simulator time).
On top of this you will need to have:
- Minimum of 3000 hrs command time on multi-crew, multi-engine commercial jet aircraft with MTOW of 50 tonnes or more
- Most recent 1500 hours to be command on Airbus FBW wide-body, long-haul (A330/A340/A350/A380)
- Previous experience must include A380 command
- Flown at least 150 hrs in command within the last 12 months
- A valid ICAO ATPL with an unrestricted class one medical certificate issued by the same authority
- Fluency in English, equivalent to ICAO English level 5 or above
T&Cs Summary by FDF:
The salary works out at about $12,000 a month based on about 85 hours a month. Accommodation is provided and you geta generous education allowance. You get 42 days leave a year. In addition the following are included.
- Life and accident insurance
- Medical and dental coverage
- Loss of licence insurance