Emirates-CAE Flight Training (ECFT) together with flydubai have entered into a long-term pilot training agreement that offers commercial pilots interested in having an opportunity to fly for flydubai, with less than 1,500 flying hours, instruction on the Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
Dubai-based flydubai began operations in 2009. Since its launch, flydubai has created a network of more than 85 destinations across 45 countries. The airline operates a modern fleet of more than 40 Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft. flydubai strives to remove barriers to travel and enhance connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network.
As flydubai’s training partner, CAE will provide flydubai with a select number of type-rated B737-800 pilots.
We at FDF are sceptical about this programme and if anyone has been through this process we would love to hear from you. Please bear in mind it seems you may pay for a 737 type rating and it seems there is no guarantee of a job with flydubai at the end. We are simply highlighting that this programme is available.
Update – We have managed to get some feedback regarding this scheme at flydubai and they have said the programme is as we first thought – there is no guarantee of a job after the type rating in fact there are a number of pilots that have gone through the scheme and then not received a job offer. You are also tied into a 5 year (non-reducing) bond of $35k and you will have to complete your ATPL exams again for the GCAA. For these reasons we cannot recommend this programme.
- Age: Minimum 20 years / Maximum 29 years
- Must have flown 15 hours in an SE or ME aircraft in the last 12 months
- Education: Minimum 12 years of successful education; aviation related degree will be preferred
- ICAO Level 4 English or higher
- Valid 1st Class Medical
- CPL/ME-IR with 220 total flying hours + frozen ATPL/ ATP Written exam and MCC Course.
- Has not already gone through this B737NG program
- B737 (600 – 900) type rating with minimum of 52 hours of Full Flight Simulator
- B737 (600 – 900) type rating obtained from Emirates-CAE Flight Training (ECFT)
- B737 (600 – 900) Rating must be endorsed on the Foreign License prior to being hired by flydubai
After obtaining a Boeing 737-800 type rating at the Dubai based facility, candidates recommended by Emirates-CAE Flight Training (ECFT) may be invited by flydubai to conduct a series of tests, which include aptitude, group exercise, aviation knowledge and a technical & competency interview.
Candidates will not be charged a selection fee, however other related costs (travel, accommodation, etc.) will be payable by the candidate..
Successful candidates will be placed on one of the training courses. These courses start at various intervals throughout the year and run for approximately 6 months.
Applications are through CAE online.