Website Air Partner Group
Senior Air Traffic Control Officer
We are looking for an experienced Senior Air Traffic Control Officer to join our High Wycombe team.
You will take responsibility for the management and oversight of all aspects of the ATS provision, including all ATS related training, working in conjunction with the UTO. You will manage and implement the company Safety Management Systems, liaising closely as required with SARG and other regulatory bodies. As a prerequisite for this position, you will be required to demonstrate that you have excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
Since this is a managerial and operational position you will be required to successfully validate and maintain your ADI rating at Booker Airport, Wycombe Air Park. Upon validation you will form an integral part of the ATC roster and provide support to the Director Air Traffic Services with Airport projects. If you need to re-train, you would be expected to take over the managerial side of the role only until validated.
A strong team player and people leader, you’ll manage, motivate and develop the ATS team as well as contributing to the maintenance and development of ATS within the wider Air Partner Group. You’ll be able to make sound decisions under pressure and contribute towards effective team working within the airport.
This is an exciting role with potential development opportunities as the portfolio expands.
What we are looking for:
– Ideally an Air Traffic Controller’s License issued in accordance with the EU Commission Air Traffic Controller License Regulation No. 2015/340, containing a minimum of an Aerodrome Control Instrument (ADI). We will however consider covering the costs of conversion training for ex-military or those with equivalent licences, providing they have relevant experience
– A current Class 3 Medical Certificate
– Strong, demonstrable leadership skills, able to motivate and develop a team
– The ability to get to the airport for shifts
– Demonstrable commercial acumen, with an ability to keep within budgets
– An OJTI endorsement
– A flexible approach to working hours
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Previous experience as a SATCO, ATS Manager and Project Manager will a distinct advantage. In addition, you will be able to demonstrate a sound working knowledge of all relevant ICAO, EU, and UK regulatory requirements, including Safety Management Systems (SMS) and associated procedures.
Applications are via email with CV and Covering Letter.