Website Keilir Aviation Academy
Keilir Aviation Academy is now seeking a Chief Flight Instructor
Employer: Keilir Aviation Academy
Due to expansion of our academy, we are now seeking qualified candidates for the position of Chief Flight Instructor.
You are a valid CFI with all necessary licenses and are willing to relocate to Iceland.
We are looking for a highly skilled individual with a passion for flying, instruction and teamwork.
You are the keystone, not only for us but for our students and will train tomorrows airline pilots.
● To have overall training management responsibility for flight activities, flight training safety, quality, policies and procedures.
● To manage the performance of the Deputy Chief Flight Instructor(s) and Flight Instructors ensuring they meet the required standards of the business.
● To be responsible for the continuous development of the Operations and Training Manuals, SOPs and syllabi, ensuring that training is carried out in strict adherence to them.
● Testing of Instructors and students as appropriate in accordance with personal examiner qualifications, providing remedial training and performance management where necessary.
● Implementing effective use of technology, training aids and materials in training and assisting in their development.
● Be responsible for all flight instructors and shall keep a current Flight Instructor list, records on their licenses, ratings and expiry dates for follow-up and verification.
● Coordinate all flight-training activities in cooperation with the HT and CTKI as appropriate. The offered position is flexible, challenging & developing.
We can offer accommodation, use of a car while on duty and a competitive salary package.
Keilir Aviation Academy is a highly dynamic flight academy. Therefore, we are looking for a person with:
● Great leadership, management & social skills.
● Organized & structured as a person.
● Ability to interact positively with all students, staff, prospective students, and the public.
● Interested in developing procedures, improve the training & customer experience.
● Genuinely interested in flight training with a high focus on safety.
● Flexible thinking and creative problem solving capabilities.
● A person with an eye for details and enjoy keeping track of many different values/results.
● The right to live and work in Iceland
● EASA CPL or ATPL
● Valid CFI with following licenses FI(A), IRI SE/ME, CRIME & FII
● EASA Medical class 1
● ICAO English level 5 or higher
Managerial and flight examiner experience is an advantage.
More about Keilir:
Keilir Aviation Academy is young and vibrant flight school with the main vision to deliver quality training to future captains with new teaching techniques and modern aircrafts from Diamond.
The school was founded in 2007 with five aircraft and a vision to modernize and improve flight training in Europe. A little bit more than ten years have passed, and we still believe in the same philosophy but now with a total of 14 aircrafts and two simulators.
Application deadline 2018-12-20
We will process applications as we receive them.
Applications are online – https://aviationacademy.is/en/career/
To apply for this job please visit aviationacademy.is.