Website L3 Commerical Aviation
Role: Head of Training – UK Training Centres
Reports to: Head of UK Academy
Location: Bournemouth with travel to Cranfield
Overview: This great opportunity has arisen with an internationally recognised and rapidly expanding, fast-paced airline pilot training and resourcing organisation. With Airline Academies strategically positioned globally, a highly qualified management, training and assessor team and our investment in state-of-the art technology, our services are utilised by airline partners worldwide and our delivery standards are the envy of many other aviation support providers the world over.
The role is required to promote, develop and maintain the highest standards of Basic Training delivery in accordance with current approved syllabi. To strive at all times to maintain the Company’s image and reputation as a world leading supplier of the highest quality of aviation training and instill within trainees a professional approach to personal development and best aviation practice.
- Responsible for the effective integration and delivery of all flying, simulator and ground theory training in accordance with approved syllabi.
- In conjunction with the Head of UK Academy, maintain a continuous review of current syllabi to ensure effectiveness and applicability.
- In conjunction with the Head of UK Academy, assist in the development of new ground and flying training programmes through to approval.
- Supervise the progress of individual trainees at all UK Airline Academies including Bournemouth, Cranfield and any other UK satellite sites.
- Assist in providing solutions to airline and commercial training requirements within the regulatory framework.
- Assist in the oversight of correct trainee license application completion and processes.
- Assist the Head of UK Academy in planning training resources at all UK Airline Academies to achieve on time delivery of the training programmes.
- Promote and maintain Flight Safety and Health, Safety and Environmental (HS&E) best practice as it applies to the effective delivery of the training programme.
- Assist in ensuring the Company’s controlled documents applicable to the ATO are in compliance with regulations, are maintained up to date and made available to staff and trainees as appropriate.
- Attend management meetings as required.
- Attend Trainee Review Board meetings as required.
- Act as line manager to your Direct Reports with responsibility for their annual performance reviews.
- Maintain strong links with Airline Academy New Zealand and Portugal and any other sites within the UK ATO to ensure effective delivery of approved syllabi and standardisation across the ATO.
- As time permits, act as an approved instructor and examiner in accordance with your own qualifications.
- Hold regular standards meetings with the training delivery teams and ensure that minutes are prepared and circulated to all participants and copied to the Head of UK Academy.
- Carry out trainee performance reviews in accordance with the training manuals.
- Carry out sample checks of training records, ground briefs, simulator and flight events and provide feedback to the relevant instructors.
- Any other duties which from time to time may be required by the Head of Training – UK Training Centres.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An extensive training background
- Significant training management experience
- Substantial experience of working with the UK CAA and EASA at the highest levels
- Ability to work in a high pressured and dynamic environment
- A “can do” attitude and able to operate and make decisions in a high pressure business environment
- Excellent management and communication skills with a proven track record of successfully leading a team
- Agile and flexible with high levels of energy, initiative and positivity for working in a growing/evolving business.
- Strong “one team” mindset – a willingness to get involved and support the wider objectives to enable the business to be successful.
- Pre-empts any obstacles to progress by anticipating and tackling potential sources of opposition.
Closing date: 5 March
Interview date: 13/14 March
2ndinterview: w/c 18 March
Additional information: Applications will only be accepted from individuals who possess the eligibility to live and work within the EEA.
L3 Commercial Aviation is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of their background.
Note: This Job Description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
As part of the application process you will provide us certain personal data as defined by the Data Protection Act. This information will be used for reviewing and assessing your application for this vacancy and shall be retained for a maximum of 12 months. Should you wish for your data to be deleted in respect of this application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply:If you can demonstrate your qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience match our requirements, we’d like to hear from you.
Agency information:At L3 CTS we do not accept uninvited approaches from recruitment agencies. On occasions that we do have a requirement to obtain third party support on specific recruitment campaigns, we will pro-actively approach a preferred supplier based on our own market research. We will not pay agency fees associated with unsolicited third party applications. Should you choose to submit CV’s speculatively to any employee associated with L3 CTS we retain the right to pursue and hire that candidate without any obligation to third party terms and conditions, regardless of their inclusion in any email or supporting documents. If you are interested in working with us please submit your company details via email to email@example.com. Please include ‘Agency Information’ followed by your company name in the subject line.
Applications are through the online form.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org