Website L3 Commercial Aviation
Theoretical Knowledge Instructors – An attractive remuneration and benefits package is available.
L3 Commercial Aviation is one of the world’s leading airline training organizations and we’re expanding our ATPL Ground School teams in the UK. Right now, we’re looking for Aviation Instructors who’d like to pass their expertise to our new Cadets.
As an Aviation Instructor, you’ll be supporting the development of our Cadets by providing them with high-quality training, combining your experience with our training program. Naturally, you’ll have instructional experience, ideally in the ATPL syllabus or in the aviation industry as a commercial or military Pilot, Air Traffic Control or Ground Operations, Aeronautical Engineer or Meteorologist.
Core duties will involve, but not be limited to:
- To teach a range of EASA ATPL Instruments and technical subjects
- To prepare and update EASA ATPL course materials in accordance with the NPA 29 syllabus, and in preparation for NPA 2016-03
- To assess and act as an internal moderator in appropriate subject areas
- To prepare, invigilate and moderate appropriate EASA ATPL Theoretical Knowledge exams
- To monitor and report on trainee progress
- To provide guidance and support to individual trainees
- To maintain accurate course records
Essential skills and experience:
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact well with trainees
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and carry out assignments to completion
- International outlook with the ability to deal comfortably with various cultures
- Proven working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Office/Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational and customer service skills
- Capacity to deal with people in a polite and friendly manner
Subjects to be delivered under the EASA ATPL syllabus:
Ideally, you will need to deliver at least two of these subjects.
- Air Law
- Aircraft general knowledge (Power plants, systems, electrics)
- Aircraft general knowledge (Instruments and automatic systems)
- Aircraft performance
- Principles of flight
- Flight planning
- General navigation
- Radio navigation
- Operational procedures
- Mass and balance
- Human performance and limitations
Qualification and educational requirements:
Instructional experience, ideally in the ATPL syllabus, or in the aviation industry
Aviation experience, ideally as a commercial pilot, military aviator, Air Traffic Control or ground operations
Additional information: Applications will only be accepted from individuals who possess the eligibility to live and work within the EEA.
Note: This advert is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
L3 CTS is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of their background.
If you’d like to become an L3 Aviation Instructor, we’d love to hear from you.
If you’re interested in joining our Airline Academy and can demonstrate your qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience match our requirements, we’d like to hear from you.