Website L3 Commercial Aviation
Location: L3 Bournemouth Academy
To provide flight, simulator and ground instruction in accordance with L3 – Commercial Training Solutions – Airline Academy approved Training Manuals for the Integrated or Modular flight training courses.
L3 have revised their Flight Instructor package and all new recruits can anticipate the following terms and benefits:
- 25 days annual leave
- 37 hours per week
- Accommodation allowance and commuter roster / or relocation allowance
- Pension scheme (up to 7% contribution matched by L3)
- 6% discretionary bonus
- Private medical insurance for employee only with the option to add dependants
- Sign on bonus (18 month bond signed)
- Loss of license insurance
- Death in service benefit (4 times base salary)
- Operational seven days per week (0600-2200)
Core duties will involve, but not limited to:
• Uphold flight safety in every aspect of training and encourage a ‘just culture’ amongst colleagues and cadets
• Conduct each training event in accordance with the approved syllabus, and in compliance with the Academy’s published schedule/program
• Ensure each cadet is properly briefed and prepared for each training event and conduct a debrief after completion of the event
• Complete cadet reports promptly after every training event
• Monitor every assigned cadet’s progress and report any training performance problems to the CFI or designated representative
• Foster professionalism amongst all cadets
• Ensure the Academy’s standards are promoted and maintained throughout training
• Monitor the maintenance condition of the training fleet and report any defects to operations as soon as possible
• Observe the highest standard of professionalism in every aspect of this role
• Maintain personal licence and rating validities
• Retain a valid Class 1 medical
• Maintain an accurate and true copy of a personal flying logbook
• Comply with all rules and procedures detailed in the Academy Operations Manual
• Attend administration, standardization and periodic/annual training as required by the CFI
• Support the CFI and DCFIs in the conduct of Academy business at Bournemouth and Portugal or any other Academy satellite site
• Recommend curriculum changes or courseware improvements
• Conduct any other reasonable duties which may, from time to time, be given by the Head of Training (HT), CFI or DCFI
Essential skills and experience:
• Flight instructional experience at ab-initio level:
• Experienced in delivering VFR and/or IFR training on the SEP and/or MEP aircraft
• A good standard of piloting and instructional skills
• Flexibility to adapt learning/teaching styles and to differentiate between cadets
• Strong customer care skills
• Knowledge of EASA regulations
• Self-motivated, confident and enthusiastic
• Good team player with strong interpersonal skills
• International outlook
• Ability to deal comfortably with various cultures
• Minimum EASA CPL SE/ME/IR(A)
• FI rating with a minimum of 200 Instructional hours and a total of 500 flight hours
• Class 1 medical
• Minimum ICAO English Language Proficiency Level 6
Note – For both SEP and MEP positions you will need to detail your number of instructional and flying hours on your online application
Although previous experience instructing on an integrated flying training course is desirable, standardisation training will be given during the Induction program.
Applications will only be accepted from individuals who possess the eligibility to live and work within the EEA.
These roles will be based at in Bournemouth, UK.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. It is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
If you’re interested in joining our Airline Academy and can demonstrate your qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience match our requirements, we’d like to hear from you.
Applications are online.
To apply for this job please visit www.l3cts.com.