Website L3 Commercial Aviation
Sponsored L3 Flight Instructor’s Qualification:
Location: Cranfield – UK
The sponsored SE FI position is fully covered by L3 with the rating completed internally at L3. Sponsored FIs will be bonded for three years after which they will have the option of completing an Airline Qualification Course (AQC) to become a member of the L3 Airline Placement Pool with priority access to opportunities with our Airline Partners.
Core duties will involve, but not limited to:
- Uphold flight safety in every aspect of training and encourage a ‘just culture’ amongst colleagues and trainees
- Conduct each training event in accordance with the approved syllabus, and in compliance with the Academy published schedule/programme
- Ensure each cadet is properly briefed and prepared for each training event and conduct a debrief after completion of the event
- Complete cadet reports promptly after every training event
- Monitor every assigned cadet’s progress and report any training performance problems to the CFI or designated representative
- Foster professionalism amongst all cadets
- Ensure the Academy’s standards are promoted and maintained throughout training
- Monitor the maintenance condition of the training fleet and report any defects to operations as soon as possible
- Observe the highest standard of professionalism in every aspect of this role
- Maintain personal license and rating validities
- Retain a valid Class 1 medical. Inform the DHT/CFI promptly if loss of medical occurs
- Maintain an accurate and true copy of a personal flying logbook
- Comply with all rules and procedures detailed in the Academy Operations Manual
- Attend administration, standardization and periodic/annual training as required by the CFI
- Support the CFI and DCFIs in the conduct of Academy business at Bournemouth and Portugal or any other Academy satellite site
- Conduct any other reasonable duties which may, from time to time, be given by the Head of Training (HT), CFI or DCFI
Essential skills and experience:
- A good standard of piloting skills and a passion for sharing skills and knowledge with aspiring pilots
- Flexibility to adapt learning/teaching styles and to differentiate between cadets
- Strong customer care skills
- Knowledge of EASA regulations
- Self-motivated, confident and enthusiastic
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills
- International outlook
- Ability to deal comfortably with various cultures
- Minimum EASA CPL SE/ME/IR(A)
- Flight Hours: No minimum
- Class 1 medical
- Minimum ICAO English Language Proficiency Level 4
Additional Information: There is no requirement to hold any previous flight instruction experience for this role.
Applications will only be accepted from individuals who possess the eligibility to live and work within the EEA.
Note: This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. It is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.
Applications are online.
To apply for this job please visit www.l3commercialaviation.com.