Website Mountain Air Cargo
We are committed to providing a stable, growth-oriented and inspiring work environment that offers opportunities for professional, personal and financial growth. If you are interested in joining a growing team, where YOU are our most valuable asset, then MAC is the place for you.
ASSISTANT CHIEF PILOT (PART 121 /135)
This position assists the Chief Pilot & Director of Operations in day to day duties and operations. This position will also assist in the coordination of the Part 121 & 135 pilots.
• Supervises Part 121 & 135 pilots to ensure compliance with Company policy, FAA, aircraft and operating procedures.
• Observes crew procedures at assigned aircraft locations, including ramp checks of aircraft and crewmembers to ensure proper flight kit and revisions, performing safety audits when requested.
• Ensures flight crewmembers and Flight Following Department Manager has necessary information to operate safely and according to regulations and prescribed limitations.
• Coordinates duties of flight schedulers in preparation of pilot schedules (Domestic and International) to ensure current and qualified flight crew is available at each location for each flight.
• Reviews schedules for most efficient use of flight crew and to assist in coordinating travel requirements.
• Ensures schedules are transmitted to crewmembers and Flight Following Department on a timely basis.
• Works directly with the Maintenance Department and Scheduling to assure aircraft movements and crews are coordinated for maintenance needs.
• Acts as manager on duty (MOD) as needed up to and including 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Makes operational control decisions as necessary to ensure safe operation and is available to provide support as needed to answer questions or prevent delay or cancellation.
• Manages electronic weight and balance program.
• Reviews deviation reports with flight following personnel and reports to supervisor.
• Reviews flight crewmembers flight and duty records for accuracy
• Reviews and approves weekly expense reports.
• Reviews and approves weekly pilot payroll.
• Participates in pilot recruitment, interview and hiring process.
• Performs pilot annual salary reviews, executes pilot incentive program and processes HR personnel Forms.
• Coordinates with the training and scheduling departments to ensure initial and recurrent training is completed as required.
• Reviews and updates training materials as required.
• Represents Flight Department at company meetings.
• Participates in ERC committee meetings.
• Assumes duties and responsibilities of the Chief Pilot in their absence.
• Ensures positive communications with flight crewmembers, Flight Following Department and other Company personnel.
• Coordinates with FAA on planned quarterly observations.
• Assists Chief Pilot / Director of Operations with manual rewrites.
• Writes bulletins and memos to communicate effectively with crewmembers.
• Adheres to company policy and procedures.
• Attends and participates in company and FAA meetings as a Flight Department Representative when requested by the Chief Pilot.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Pilot or Director of Operations.
• Requires a minimum of five years of airline experience directly related to FAR 121/135 training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the FAR 121/135 operating environment.
• Ability to communicate verbally via telephone and in person.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Proficient with MS Office.
• First Class Medical
• ATP Pilot Certificate
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Travel required: 20% or less.
Part 121 ATR pilots & Part 135 Cessna Caravan Pilots
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Work typically performed in an office environment. However, sometimes work involves moderate exposure to weather variables when performing ramp checks and safety audits outside.
Mountain Air Cargo, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package. Applications are online.