As a Trainee Second Officer, you’ll perform an essential role as part of the Qantas operating crew on their long haul services. At present, their Second Officers perform critical duties on our B747-400, A330 and A380 aircraft. As Qantas continues to grow, their Second Officers will also perform duties on their new B787-9 aircraft.
Qantas Trainee Second Officers are trained by one of the world’s most respected and professional flight training establishments – Qantas Flight Training. As a Trainee Second Officer you will have the opportunity to develop and learn with dedicated staff who are committed to our industry leading safety standards. You’ll work with experienced Qantas pilots to develop your operational experience on an active line.
They are looking for our next generation of pilots to join them. You’ll have the opportunity to travel the world on some of the most technologically-advanced aircraft in the industry. As a second officer you will form part of a team dedicated to ensuring the safe operation of the aircraft, premium customer service and upholding Qantas’ core professional values.
*Hold an Australian Air Transport Pilot (Aeroplane) Licence, OR
* Passed the Aeronautical Knowledge Examination for the Australian Air Transport Pilot (Aeroplane) Licence. AND
Hold an Australian Commercial Pilot
* 500 hours in Command of a powered fixed wing aeroplane (excluding hours in Command Under Supervision); OR
* 300 hours in Command of a multi engine aeroplane (excluding hours In Command Under Supervision); OR
* 250 hours in Command of a powered fixed wing aeroplane and 1000 hours as Co-Pilot of a multi crew, multi engine turbine aeroplane (excluding hours In Command Under Supervision); OR
* 250 hours in Command of a powered fixed wing aeroplane (of which up to 100 hours may be In Command Under Supervision) and 1500 hours as Co-Pilot of a multi crew turbine aeroplane; OR
250 Hours in Command of a powered fixed wing aeroplane and 500 hours in Command of rotary wing aircraft (excluding hours In Command Under Supervision)
* Medical – Hold a current CASA Class 1 Medical
* Hold a current Instrument Proficiency Check
* Hold endorsements for IAP 2D and IAP 3D on Australian (Civil) Instrument rating.
* Hold a Part 61 Multi Engine Aeroplane Class Instrument Rating (excluding a Private Instrument Rating)
Must have legal right to live and work in Australia.
Applications are online.