Qantas Mainline Second Officer
- Join our pipeline of future Captains
- Full time position based in one of our major Australian ports
- Enjoy world-class training that will test your skills and develop you to be the best
The Qantas Group has a proud history of having some of the best pilots in the world. They have access to world-class training and the opportunity to advance their careers through a range of pathways across our Group airlines.
We’ve recently expanded our fleet by welcoming the Dreamliner to Qantas, and are looking for passionate, experienced pilots with strong technical and regulatory knowledge, gained in a multi-crew environment. You’ll consider yourself a leader in the air, with a positive attitude and strong problem solving skills.
We’ll help you choose the right career within the Qantas Group. Each of our airlines offer unique career opportunities, and based on your background and experience, we may contact you about directing your application to one of our other Qantas Group airlines.
Please note that at the time of application for a Second Officer position, you must meet our minimum criteria.
You’ll have –
- An Australian Air Transport Pilot (Aeroplane/Helicopter) licence, or Australia Commercial Pilot Licence and have passed all ATPL subjects
- A Level 6 English language proficiency on your licence
- Current endorsements for Instrument Approach 2D and 3D on a current Australian Instrument Rating Multi Engine Aeroplane (International applicants must have converted their licence/ratings to an Australian Licence/Rating prior to applying for a position)
- A Part 61 Multi Engine Aeroplane Class Instrument Rating (excluding a private instrument rating)
- A current instrument proficiency check (MEA)
- A current CASA Class 1 Medical Certificate
- The ability to pass a Qantas pre-employment medical
- The ability to pass a Drug and Alcohol Test
- The ability to hold an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Australian citizenship or Australian permanent residency status
- A current passport with unrestricted access to all Qantas ports of call with at least 12 months validity
In addition to the above, you must also meet the hours requirement of:
- 500 hours in Command of a powered fixed wing aeroplane (excluding hours in Command Under Supervision);
- 300 hours in Command of a multi engine aeroplane (excluding hours In Command Under Supervision);
- 250 hours in Command of a powered fixed wing aeroplane and 1000 hours as Co-Pilot of a multi crew, multi engine turbine aeroplane (excluding hours In Command Under Supervision);
- 250 hours in Command of a powered fixed wing aeroplane (of which up to 100 hours may be In Command Under Supervision) and 1500 hours as Co-Pilot of a multi crew turbine aeroplane;
- 250 hours in Command of a powered fixed wing aeroplane and 500 hours in Command of rotary wing aircraft (excluding hours In Command Under Supervision)
The Qantas Group is a network of equal opportunity employers. We encourage people of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, to apply.
Applications are online.