Website Sky Regional Airlines
Sky Regional Airlines requires experienced First Officers for vacancies on the Embraer 175 aircraft. Positions exist at both the Montreal and Toronto crew bases. Applicants must have a Commercial Pilot License with a minimum of 1500 total flying hours. ATPL written exams or equivalent are required. Preference given to those pilots who have aviation college, or EFIS/FMS experience and P.I.C experience on high performance multi engine aircraft.
The First Officer reports to the Captain for the duration of the flight, or series of flights.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and ensure a high degree of standardization is maintained;
• Awareness of all the operational suitability and requirements of all aerodromes and routes served by the company;
• Have a strong comprehension of the blocking rules, TOE and all company policies;
• Supervises refuelling, loading and preparation of necessary documentation in the absence of competent ground staff, or as directed by the Captain;
• May assume the duties of Captain in the event of incapacitation, until the point of next landing.
Assists the Captain in all aspects of PRE-FLIGHT duties including:
o Examines all operational aspects of the intended route, destination and alternate;
o Ensures that all navigation equipment, weather, charts and intended fuel loading are sufficient so that the planned flight can be made safely in accordance with regulations;
o Ensures that the load carried is properly distributed and secured;
o Ensures that the All-Up Weight of the aircraft does not exceed structural or performance parameters;
o Ensures that aircraft is airworthy and has been released in accordance with company maintenance manual.
Assists the Captain in all aspects of INFLIGHT duties including:
o Ensures that the aircraft is operated in accordance with the Aircraft Operating Manual, Company Operations Manuals, Company Operational Policies and Government Regulations.
o Ensures that all crew positions are occupied by qualified personnel;
o Ensures the Journey Log Book is maintained.
Assists the Captain in all aspects of POST-FLIGHT duties including:
o Ensures that aircraft defects are recorded and maintenance is advised of such.
o Ensures that all appropriate forms and manifests are submitted to the company office;
o Assists in securing the aircraft upon flight termination;
o Holds final authority on all decisions regarding the flight and its safe operation;
o Ensures all crew members exercise their duties in accordance with Company operational policy, procedures and Government Regulations.
Safety & Regulatory
• Assist with the investigation and corrective actions of Flight Ops SMS reports as required;
• Ensure technical support of Flight Operations to ensure regulatory compliance and consistency as necessary;
• Ensures pilot standards are maintained;
• Responsible for the self-management of own crew qualifications and licensing to ensure documentation is up to date and submitted to crew management;
• Duties as assigned in the COM.
• Responsible for other duties as assigned by the Captain;
• Other duties as assigned to support the operation.
• Make and implement decisions when faced with differing stakeholder perspectives and/or some ambiguity of information, based on the organization’s needs and objectives. Recognize conflicting situations as they arise and determine appropriate responses. Take ownership of decisions and ensure follow-up;
• Put systems in place to proactively monitor risks and determine acceptable risk tolerances;
• Make and implement strategic decisions based on corporate objectives and business model;
• Apply a broad business understanding to improve the performance and processes of the department. Prioritize work in alignment with business goals;
• Consider whether short-term goals will support long-term objectives. Review own actions against the organization’s strategic plan to ensure alignment;
• Strategic thinking – Think beyond the department and make decisions in the context of the company corporate objectives;
• Actively increases one’s own knowledge/awareness of the business and competitive environment to determine long-term issues, problems or opportunities with resolutions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to prioritize, plan and make improvement to the department;
• Effective communication skills;
• Basic computer literacy and comfort with technological learning;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, delegation, and initiative;
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
Educations, Certification and Work Experience
• All First Officers shall be licensed by Transport Canada to act as First Officers on Sky Regional aircraft;
• Strong knowledge of the CARS;
• Authorized to live and work in Canada
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Sky Regional Airlines adheres to equitable hiring, employment and promotion practices. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.
Department: Flight Operations
This is a full time position
Applications are online.