Website United Airlines
United Airlines are currently recruiting First Officers (Co-Pilots) onto non-specified fleets.
A United pilot is a member of the flight crew who is responsible for the safe, comfortable, on-time and efficient operation of the aircraft. A pilot flying as captain is the pilot-in-command and the final decision-making authority regarding the operation of the aircraft, although it is the responsibility of the first officer to contribute to the decision-making process. The captain represents United as the onsite leader responsible for the safety and welfare of the crew and passengers, while also promoting a favorable image of United in accordance with company policies.
- Unrestricted FAA Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate with airplane multiengine class rating
- Current FAA first-class medical certificate
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit (RR)
Flight time requirement:
- Minimum of 1,000 hours of fixed-wing turbine time
- Current, valid passport
- Legal right to work in the United States
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university is preferred
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position