Virgin Australia International New Zealand is currently providing direct entry opportunities in New Zealand as Boeing 737 First Officers.
- 1000 hours Total Experience
- 500 hours Multi-Engine
- 500 hours PIC
- Australian ATPL or Australian CPL plus all Australian ATPL Subjects*
- Australian Command Multi-Engine Aeroplane Instrument Rating
- Australian Class 1 Medical
- English Language Proficiency Level 6
- Australian or New Zealand Passport or unrestricted right to work in Australia or New Zealand, as applicable
* Those with a NZ ATPL licence must have applied for the CASA equivalent licence, through the Trans-Tasman Mutual Agreement (TTMA) process, prior to the commencement of the recruitment assessment process. Evidence of an application will need to be presented at the assessment interview. Please note that a NZ CPL with all ATPL Subjects is not an acceptable licence for the TTMA process.
Their diverse fleet consists of narrow and wide-body aircraft to provide you with the opportunity to increase your skills and as you grow in your career. You will also have the opportunity to experience a range of different flying into interesting and challenging destinations, such as the regional, short haul international and long haul international route network.
Their fleet comprises of the following aircraft types:
- Boeing 737
- Fokker 100
- Airbus A320
- Airbus A330
- Boeing 777
- Boeing 737 MAX (Coming Soon)
In addition to joining an airline with an exemplary safety record and consistently good OTP results, you can expect the follow benefits from joining Virgin Australia International – New Zealand:
- Five weeks leave and two DDO’s per annum
- Loss of licence insurance
- Annual salary increase
- Salaried from the commencement of endorsement including cost coverage of any air fares/transport and allowances
- Exceptional staff travel program that can be enjoyed by your family and friends
- The ability to bid for rosters that suit your lifestyle
- Career progression opportunities including first rate training throughout your flying career with Virgin Australia, designed to equip you with the skills to consistently develop and progress toward command opportunities. There are future opportunities with the Training department, Technical Pilot roles and also management opportunities.
- Fleet and operational variety
- Engagement surveys that enable management to listen to the needs of team members and take action on the issues that matter
- Employee Assistance Program – including 24 hour support for our team members and their families
- Paid parental and adoption leave – including 10 weeks paid maternity, two weeks paid paternity and three weeks paid adoption leave
- Study assistance – we offer support for study linked to development
- Salary sacrifice options – such as vehicles and superannuation
- The opportunity to tap into the diverse offerings of the Virgin Group globally
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional flight crew who consistently display behaviours that support the Virgin Australia International – New Zealand brand and values.
Online application process
All applicants should submit an application via the careers page. You will be asked to create a profile which you can easily edit/update if your contact, employment and flight hour details change. Those who have previously applied for positions will need to re-submit an application unless you have specifically been informed not to re-apply.
* Stage 1 – Application Review
Applications will be reviewed and candidates will be prioritised to progress to the next stage.
* Stage 2 – FlipBase Video
You will receive an email providing you with details on how to create a short video to answer a couple of questions that will be provided to you.
* Stage 3 – Online cognitive testing
You will receive an email with all the instructions needed to complete the testing and the ideal time frames to complete this testing to be considered for upcoming assessment days. Please note that during assessment days we will occasionally conduct ‘validation’ cognitive testing.
* Stage 4 – Assessment Days
The Recruitment process will involve two consecutive days of assessments which will include Behavioural Interview, Group Activity, Planning Exercise and a Simulator Assessment.
* Suggestions for success
Be yourself. Be prepared. Be punctual.
* Where are the assessments held?
All assessments will be held at the Virgin Australia International – New Zealand Training Centre in Auckland.
* Where is the type rating course held?
The type rating courses for Boeing aircraft are held at the Boeing Flight Services Centre, Eagle Farm, Brisbane Australia.
* How do I know the status of my application?
We will acknowledge the initial receipt of your application.
We plan to communicate advice of the status of your application within eight weeks initially, reducing to four weeks after we manage the large numbers received after the invitation for applications initially open. The advice will indicate that:
- if have been progressed to the next stage,
- if you are not going to be progressed at this time but will remain active, or
- if your application will not be progressed further.
Given the varied number of entry points into Virgin Australia pilot group, and the changing nature of our pilot resource requirements, it is not possible to provide time frames as to how long you may stay at certain stages of the recruitment process.
Once candidates have progressed through the Assessment Days stage the final outcome will be advised within two-three weeks.
* What happens if I am successful in the recruitment process?
Pending satisfactory completion of Reference Checks, and depending on Virgin Australia International – New Zealand’s requirements at the time, you may be allocated directly to an endorsement course or placed on a Hold File for future opportunities.
* When should I update my application?
You should update your application when significant changes such as licence type, employment, and residential address occur. At the very least you should update every six months to ensure we have your latest flying experience details.
* How long is the bond period?
Generally you will bonded on type for between 30 to 36 months. Specific information can be obtained from the Enterprise Bargaining Agreements.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://careers.virginaustralia.com/cw/en/job/498687?source=AviationJobs.Me →