Virgin Australia provides entry opportunities in Australia to Boeing 737 First Officer, Fokker 100 First Officer, Boeing 777 Second Officer, and ATR 72 First Officer positions. Additionally, they provide entry opportunities in New Zealand to Boeing 737 First Officer positions.
Virgin Australia’s minimum requirements are listed below. We strongly encourage those who meet minimum requirements to express their interest in Virgin Australia by submitting an application.
The majority of pilots can at this time expect entry into the Virgin Australia Group via Australian based Fokker 100 First Officer, Boeing 777 Second Officer and ATR 72 First Officer roles as well as New Zealand based Boeing 737 First Officer roles.
- 1000 hours Total Experience
- 500 hours Multi-Engine
- 500 hours PIC
- Australian ATPL or Australian CPL plus all Australian ATPL Subjects*
- Australian Command Multi-Engine Aeroplane Instrument Rating
- Australian Class 1 Medical
- English Language Proficiency Level 6
- Australian or New Zealand Passport or unrestricted right to work in Australia or New Zealand, as applicable
* Those with a NZ ATPL licence must have applied for the CASA equivalent licence, through the Trans-Tasman Mutual Agreement (TTMA) process, prior to the commencement of the recruitment assessment process. Evidence of an application will need to be presented at the assessment interview. Please note that a NZ CPL with all ATPL Subjects is not an acceptable licence for the TTMA process.
Benefits and bases:
Their current bases include:
- B737 – Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Auckland, Christchurch.
- B777 – Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne.
- ATR 72 – Sydney, Canberra.
- F100 – Perth.
In addition to joining an airline with an exemplary safety record and consistently good OTP results, you can expect the follow benefits from joining Virgin Australia:
- 42 days annual leave
- Loss of licence insurance
- Annual salary increase
- Exceptional staff travel program that can be enjoyed by your family and friends
- The ability to bid for rosters that suit your lifestyle
- Career progression opportunities including first rate training throughout your flying career with Virgin Australia, designed to equip you with the skills to consistently develop and progress toward command opportunities. There are future opportunities with the Training department, Technical Pilot roles and also management opportunities.
- Fleet and operational variety
- Engagement surveys that enable management to listen to the needs of team members and take action on the issues that matter
- Employee Assistance Program – including 24 hour support for our team members and their families
- Paid parental and adoption leave – including 10 weeks paid maternity, two weeks paid paternity and three weeks paid adoption leave
- Study assistance – we offer support for study linked to development
- Salary sacrifice options – such as vehicles and superannuation
- The opportunity to tap into the diverse offerings of the Virgin group globally
Applications are online.