Website Virgin Australia
An exciting opportunity is available with Virgin Australia and you are invited to express your interest in ATR Turbo-prop First Officer positions based in Australia.
Opportunities currently exist for East Coast based ATR First Officers with the required experience and qualifications outlined below.
- Minimum total flight time of 400 hours of which:
- 300 hours in command of a powered fixed wing aeroplane (excluding ICUS)
- A current Australian ATPL or CPL with passes in all ATPL theory subjects
- Australian Multi Engine Aeroplane Instrument Rating
- English language Level 6 on Licence
- A current Australian Class 1 Medical Certificate
- Must either be an Australian citizen or have the legal right to work and live in Australia
* Those with a NZ licence must have applied for the CASA equivalent licence, through the Trans-Tasman Mutual Agreement process, prior to the commencement of the recruitment assessment process. Evidence of an application will need to be presented at the assessment interview.
* Those with a NZ ATPL licence must have applied for the CASA equivalent licence, through the Trans-Tasman Mutual Agreement (TTMA) process, prior to the commencement of the recruitment assessment process. Evidence of an application will need to be presented at the assessment interview. Please note that a NZ CPL with all ATPL Subjects is not an acceptable licence for the TTMA process.
Benefits and bases:
Their current bases include:
- B737 – Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Auckland, Christchurch.
- B777 – Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne.
- ATR 72 – Sydney, Canberra.
- F100 – Perth.
In addition to joining an airline with an exemplary safety record and consistently good OTP results, you can expect the follow benefits from joining Virgin Australia:
- 42 days annual leave
- Loss of licence insurance
- Annual salary increase
- Exceptional staff travel program that can be enjoyed by your family and friends
- The ability to bid for rosters that suit your lifestyle
- Career progression opportunities including first rate training throughout your flying career with Virgin Australia, designed to equip you with the skills to consistently develop and progress toward command opportunities. There are future opportunities with the Training department, Technical Pilot roles and also management opportunities.
- Fleet and operational variety
- Engagement surveys that enable management to listen to the needs of team members and take action on the issues that matter
- Employee Assistance Program – including 24 hour support for our team members and their families
- Paid parental and adoption leave – including 10 weeks paid maternity, two weeks paid paternity and three weeks paid adoption leave
- Study assistance – we offer support for study linked to development
- Salary sacrifice options – such as vehicles and superannuation
- The opportunity to tap into the diverse offerings of the Virgin group globally
Applications are online.