Website WAAS / AAR
Pilot, FW (DHC-8) WASS – CONUS – 11238
Complete fixed wing aircraft (DHC-8) qualification training then travel to Iraq in a TDY status for up to 45 days to complete in-country training before returning to Florida. Aviation training will continue in Florida until permanent assignment to Iraq.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
– Prepare or supervise preparation of flight plans, considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, range, weigh, airport facilities and navigation aids.
– Supervise or accomplish the aircraft preflight inspection and preparation.
– Ensure proper loading, distributing, and security of cargo and passengers.
– Determine aircraft weight and balance is within prescribed limits.
– Retain final responsibility for the logging of aircraft flight time and the filing and closing of flight plans and preparation of flight and duty time records.
– Conduct the briefing of all passengers prior to each take-off or assigns duty to direct reports but retains responsibility.
– Delegate functions to other direct reports, but retains overall responsibility.
– CONUS position that requires frequent travel OCONUS required.
– Position requires a U.S. Security Clearance. – Performs other duties as assigned.
– High school diploma or GED.
– FAA Commercial and Instrument Airman’s Certificate Airplane (MEL).
– FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit.
– Current FAA Class II Medical Certificate.
– Successful completion of FAA Type Rating in the selected type required before assignment.
– FAA CFI/CFII/MEI – FAA ATP rating
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
– 1,500 total fixed wing flight hours including 500 hours of turbine engine time.
– Minimum 250 hours multi-engine pilot-in-command time.
– Conversant in English.
– Prior military pilot and/or pilot support on the DoS INL/A program.
– Qualification in the applicable aircraft DHC-8.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Focus on Results – Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
2. Communications – Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
3. Teamwork – Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
4. Strategic Planning & Decision-Making – Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
5. Initiative & Innovation – Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
6. Interpersonal Relationships – Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
7. Quality & Safety – Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
8. Continuous Improvement – Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
9. Training & Development – Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
10. Integrity – Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
: WASS OPERATIONS
: United States