It’s time for your career to really take off.
WestJet is embarking upon a transformative era, transitioning from a successful low-cost carrier (LCC) founded in 1996, to a global, full-service network carrier with the delivery of Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft in January 2019. In support of our global expansion and offering more affordable travel opportunities to all Canadians, WestJet has recently launched an ultra-low cost carrier (ULCC), Swoop, a wholly-owned subsidiary.
With approximately 14,000 ambitious WestJetters across Encore, WestJet mainline, and WestJet Vacations, the business continues to rapidly increase in complexity and scale. The velocity of change across all major functions has generated an acute focus on innovation, technology, and scaling our next adventure with a nimble, growth mindset. This is an exciting time for our authentically Canadian airline, and we are looking for committed, caring, future WestJetters to join us on this journey.
Our pilots are leaders who consistently raise the bar professionally and personally. Behind the controls, our pilots focus on safe, comfortable, on-time performance that is among the best in the industry. With the addition of the Boeing 737 MAX, and the upcoming delivery of the 787 Dreamliner’s, WestJet’s fleet is truly equipped for the next generation. The WestJet experience is what separates us from other organizations: some might be happy to settle for a job, our pilots have heard a higher calling.
WestJet’s remarkable guest experience generates yearly sales of over $3 billion, and recognition as one of Canada’s most admired brands. Our award-winning culture has made us one of Canada’s best places to work. We’re one of the most profitable airlines in the world, with progressive leadership and a vision to be a top five international airline. If you’ve got what it takes to be a leader among leaders, well then, we’re saving you a seat––at the very front of the aircraft.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Transport Canada Airline Transport Pilot’s License (ATPL)
- 1500 hours total time (fixed-wing preferred)
- 250 hours fixed-wing pilot-in-command time (multi-engine PIC preferred)
- 1000 hours fixed-wing multi-engine time
- 1000 hours multi-crew experience
- Valid Transport Canada Group 1 instrument rating
- Valid Transport Canada Class 1 medical certificate
- Current valid passport (and Canadian Permanent Resident Card if you are not a holder of a Canadian passport)
- All required visas or travel documents allowing you to freely travel unrestricted
- Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC) obtained prior to the completion of Initial Ground School
- High School Diploma
- Oral and Written proficiency in English
- As per our Alcohol and Drug Policy all offers of employment are conditional on passing a pre-employment alcohol and drug screening test
- Clear police background and criminal record checks
- Scheduled airline and/or military flight experience
- Glass cockpit and/or FMS experience
- Post-secondary education
- Proficient in a second language
- Internal WestJet referral
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet’s world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
Applications are online.