Air Charter Scotland is currently looking for individuals to join our Pilot Cadet Programme within our growing Operations team at our Head Office in East Kilbride. We are one of Europe’s leading Executive Jet Charter and Management Companies, operating a fleet of business jets.
Subject to satisfactory performance as an Operations Controller over a period between 18 – 24 months, the aim will be to progress as one of our highly skilled and professional First Officers on our fleet of aircraft.
As an Operations Controller the key responsibilities will include:
– Following Company Local procedures to arrange aircraft schedules.
– Adherence to Company Operations Manual.
– Filing of Flight Plans using Air Support PPS software.
– Maintaining Flight Watch of Company aircraft movements.
– Arranging over-flight and landing permits.
– Managing Air Traffic Slot requirements.
– Arranging handling services for Company aircraft movements.
– Arranging fuel releases and at competitive rates.
– Assisting in setting up Crew transport and accommodation.
– Processing Return Flight Paperwork.
– Maintaining Crew Duty Records in accordance with Company & EASA regulations.
– Liaising with senior flight management regarding Operations into unknown airfields or areas
– Keen monitoring of crew reports to ensure any issues are addressed with input from management and other relevant departments.
– Ensuring a full Crew Brief is available to crew for all CAT & non-Cat flights.
– Assist with Commercial Sales while working On-Call duty.
It is essential that candidates have:
– A high standard of teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
– Critical thinking skills to recognise and solve problems
– Excellent organisational skills
– Exceptional attention to detail
An understanding of crewing, Commercial Sales and knowledge of aircraft maintenance requirements will be an advantage in building a good understanding of the overall Operation.
The role requires a shift pattern of 4 days on 4 days off, working 12 hr shifts including additional on-call responsibilities. You will report directly to the Ground Operations Manager.
To be considered for the Cadet Entry selection process, candidates must also: (following successful completion as an Operations Controller)
– Relocate so that they live within 1 hours’ drive of London Luton Airport
– Be free from any criminal record
– Operate a shift pattern of 6 days on 3 days off
– Obtain an EASA Class 1 Medical endorsement prior to commencement of Line Training
Anyone interested should in the first instance submit a recent CV and a cover letter with any additional points in support of their application. Applications are online.
In return the Company offer Pilot progression and a competitive salary and benefits.