The Cadet Pilot Programme aims to develop high calibre students in to future professional airline pilots who will play a pivotal role towards the growth of Qatar Airways’ fleet and will take a hands-on role in Qatar’s flagship airline. The programme includes up to 18 months of foundation maths, science and English (if required), 20 months of pilot training (theory and practical) at Qatar Aeronautical College (QAC).
Minimum eligibility requirements:
- Must be Qatari or have a Qatari mother.
- Candidate must be aged between 18 and 32 years at the time of commencing the MPL course.
- Candidate must have a minimum of a high school certificate with an average grade of 70% or its equivalent.
- The score of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) must be acceptable by the Qatar Aeronautical College (QAC).
- Candidate must pass all the entry exams of the Qatar Aeronautical College (QAC).
- The QAC PILAPT score should not demonstrate “High Flying Training Risk”.
- Candidate must pass the Qatar Airways interview.
- Candidate must obtain the QCAA class 1 medical prior to signing the contract.
- Candidate must pass the medical and security clearances and any other approvals, tests, or clearances required by Qatari Authorities and Qatar Airways.
- Candidate must agree to serve with Qatar Airways for a minimum of five (5) years calculated from the date of appointment as a First Officer.
For further details / information, please contact the Cadet Pilot Programme administration team on the following:
Telephone: +974 4022 8936
- Obtaining a higher national diploma at Qatar Aeronautical College (QAC).
- Upon successful completion of the programme, the cadet shall be given the opportunity to be trained as a Second Officer on Qatar Airways’ fleet.
- Promotion to First Officer on successful completion of the technical training and final line checks on the company’s aircraft and passing any required specialised flight operations courses.
- Full support for tuition fees and other tuition costs.
- Monthly salary while in college and during the technical training period as Second Officer.
- Global opportunities to experience and operate in various work environments.
- Growth opportunities and a credible experience in a work environment that fosters innovation, and promotes professional and personal growth.
- Learning and development to continuously upgrade skill sets and knowledge base.