Translated from German:
If you do not want to practice a “nine to five job”, you are technically interested, do not shy away from high responsibility and situations under stress, are reliable and resilient, enjoy collegial interaction in a constantly changing team, feel the charm of distant countries, cosmopolitan and, above all, are enthusiastic about aviation, you are already halfway there as a pilot in one of our SWISS cockpits. We offer a varied and exciting activity in a dynamic environment.
– Safe and economical passing of a commercial airliner – Flight preparation and execution in accordance with legal regulations – Cooperation with ground personnel and air traffic controllers – Responsible for crew and passengers
- Swiss, EFTA citizen, EU citizen (EU-27 states without restriction / Croatia only withSwiss branch C)
- 20th birthday – 33rd birthday when submitting the application
- Body size min. 1.60 m / max. 1.98 m
- Minimum academic / vocational requirements for applicants from the following EFTA / EU member states: Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Germany, Austria Successfully completed at least three-year basic vocational training (apprenticeship) with a certificate of apprenticeship / certificate such as Federal Certificate of Proficiency, journeyman’s certificate, skilled worker’s certificate, IHK-certificate (the training must have been completed in one of the following countries: Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Germany, Austria) or Completed Matura, Berufsmatura, Fachmittelschule (FMS), Informatikmittelschule (IMS) as well as a non-exam proof of admission to a University of Applied Sciences also fulfill our requirements Minimum educational / vocational requirements for applicants from other EFTA States (ie Iceland and Norway) and other EU countries Matura / Abitur or Berufsmatura / Fachhochschulreife or proof of a non-exam admission to a federally recognized Fachhochschule
German: (training language in the flight school)
Applicants with mother or everyday language German: No proof of German required. Applicants with mother tongue or everyday language
French: A minimum knowledge of German is required at the time of application. For this, four years of German lessons must be proven (school certificates / course confirmations). Later, about four months after the beginning of the selection process, the German language skills should be so good that the interview (last stage of the selection process) in German is possible. If the level shown does not meet our requirements, the knowledge of German must be improved and documented in the form of the corresponding certificate – Goethe Diploma or AKAD Language + Culture Test. Applicants who can not prove the required four years of German lessons must be able to present the corresponding certificate – Goethe Diploma or AKAD Language + Culture Test – at the time of application.
All other applicants: Proof of the corresponding certificate Goethe Diploma or AKAD Language + Culture Test – at the time of application.
English Mother tongue or proof level B2, e.g. Cambridge First Certificate A / B or C (from level B2) (to be requested later)
Compulsory service (applies to all compulsory applicants) A compulsory candidate must have completed basic military service (CH: recruiting school) or civilian service (CH: “long employment”) at the time of application.
Multiple applications SWISS / Edelweiss Air:
The assessment for ab initio candidates at Swiss International Air Lines Ltd., Swiss Global Air Lines Ltd. and Edelweiss Air AG takes place in close cooperation with the aforementioned companies and is operated by the “Flight Crew and Management Assessment Center” division of Swiss International Air Lines Ltd. carried out. All aforementioned companies have access to the respective results of the applicant. The results of all levels of assessment are mutually recognized. The decision for the respective company – provided that the applicant has submitted an ab initio application to both companies – will be decided by the applicant after the positive board decision (at the end of the assessment).
It is the subtle difference that makes working at SWISS so appealing: we set great store by turning details into details, from quality of host quality, from nationality to internationality, from variety to variety, from a job to an experience and from SWISS to a world full of inspiration , Let yourself be inspired by an environment in which you can feel it anywhere, anytime: Truly SWISS …. where people matter.
Contact & Application:
Flight Crew and Management Assessment Center
Telephone: +41 44 564 57 70/61 email: email@example.com