Following the success of their inaugural program in 2012, Virgin Australia continues to change the face of the Australian aviation landscape through the program in partnership with Flight Training Adelaide (FTA).
The Virgin Australia Pilot Cadet Program is a unique opportunity to play an integral role in shaping the evolution of this iconic brand, and to become a part of a dynamic company that genuinely believes and demonstrates our people are their greatest asset.
They seek candidates who are motivated and committed to excel through a challenging and demanding training program. Successful Cadet’s will demonstrate well established analytical skills, high attention to detail, well developed problem solving ability together with a commitment to achieving high results.
- Minimum age of 18 years
- Australian Citizen
- Permanent Resident – Humanitarian VISA only
- New Zealand Citizen who has resided in Australia for a minimum of 10 years and is now a permanent resident
- Passport holder with a minimum of 18 months validity
- Completion of High School with high level achievements in the Sciences (preferably Physics), Advanced Maths and English (if these subjects were not undertaken at school, an equivalent bridging course with high level achievements must have been completed)
- Ability to successfully obtain an ASIC (Aviation Security Identification Card)
- None to limited flying experience up to Private Pilot’s Licence (PPL)
- A strong passion for aviation and a career as a pilot
- A commitment to and excellent understanding of the requirements and obligations of the Pilot Cadet program
They are looking to run an advanced course and an ab-initio course. We have spoken to Virgin Australia and the costs of the courses are as follows:
Ab-initio – Approx $100,000
Advanced Course – Approx $47,000
Commencing a career as a Commercial Pilot requires a high level of dedication and passion. In return for this you will be placed in a world class training program and will receive the benefits of training at an internationally recognised flight training school.
To assist you with the transition to a career as a Pilot, you will be assigned a mentor to provide you with guidance and advice. Your mentor has been selected from their highly experienced & high performing Pilot group.
Once you successfully complete the program, you can look forward to an exciting career as a pilot with the Virgin Australia team.
More info is available on their website.