Air Arabia Egypt Non-Rated First Officers
Website Air Arabia
Air Arabia Egypt Non-Rated First Officers
Air Arabia are recruiting non-rated First Officers for their A320 fleet based in Cairo, Egypt. A320 rated candidates will be preferred.
Info obtained from Air Arabia.
To monitor the progress of assigned flights in accordance with the detailed provisions of the Airline’s Operational Manual and in compliance with the respective civil aviation authority related regulations. Assists the Captain in achieving ultimate safety, security and efficiency throughout the flight; records and documents all necessary data; supports the flight/cabin crew, and effectively applies emergency procedures when instructed; takes control over the flight from the captain when instructed or required as per the adopted procedures.
Key Result Responsibilities:
1. Performs as the ‘Pilot Flying’ or the ‘Pilot Monitoring’, assists the Captain in managing flight deck work by monitoring the flight progress, efficiency of operating systems, and performance of other cockpit crew members. Demonstrates high level of cooperation whilst ensuring a well-balanced task distribution, and a systematic approach for exchanging information.
2. When required or instructed by the Captain, flies the assigned aircrafts from one destination to another; taking into account the following key factors, in order of priority:
c. Passenger comfort
3. Conducts flights in accordance with the detailed provisions of the Airline’s Operations Manual and regulations. At all times applies and monitors the procedures necessary to ensure the safe and smooth operation of the aircraft assigned.
4. Coordinates with Captain and Dispatch Team prior to each flight to ensure flight/cabin crew members are well prepared and provided with required information, this includes aircraft technical status, route preferences, weather, fuel, weight, distribution of roles, etc.
5. Carries out necessary checks, records, and documentation tasks assigned to him/her for conducted flights such as take-off data and fuel requirements, ATS flight plan, etc.
6. Uses adopted systems and forms to record data such as log book, CFP, and others; verifies calculated data with assumed ones and obtains Captain’s signature accordingly.
7. At stations without qualified personnel, checks the fuel type and supervises the fuelling of the aircraft, ensuring proper distribution of fuel.
8. Alerts the Captain with any irregularities or unfavourable variables that may affect safety; applies necessary actions as instructed by Captain and assists the crew on how to react in case of safety or security irregularities.
9. Undertakes additional, ground based tasks such as Safety Officer or Security Officer, as directed by the Head of Flight Operations and in accordance with the provisions of Part A of the Airline’s Operations Manual.
10. Keeps himself/herself up to date with the legal requirements of the different regulatory bodies such as, civil aviation authority, Airbus Company and any other relevant regulatory body relating to flights and Flight Crew. Attends recurrent and competency-based trainings as planned by the Training Department.
11. Checks the prescribed manuals, charts, maps, and forms ensuring that the Airline’s Operations Manual is distributed, accounted for, maintained, updated, and complied with by Flight Crew for current and next flight; where this is not attainable, ensures the security of the aircraft until return to home base.
12. Assists the Captain in completing the necessary records and reports such as the voyage report and aircraft flight log, safety and discretion reports. Deposits the flight envelops in the designated secure place post each conducted flight.
– Appropriate ATPL License, alternatively, CPL License with Frozen ATPL is a must.
– He/she must pass the technical/psychometric assessment for the Second Officer (Co-Pilots) as per the Airline and respective civil aviation authority standards.
– He/she must pass the Medical Fitness check-up carried for the Second Officers (Co-Pilots) as per the Airline and respective civil aviation authority standards.
– Training in safety and emergency response is essential – a formal qualification is an advantage.
– Basic Airport, security procedures and regulations training is an advantage.
– Crew Resources Management Training is considered as an advantage.
– IATA principles & standards relating to security is an advantage.
– Proficient in using Aircraft systems, proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet and Web Search.
– Very good written and verbal communication skills, Technical reports writing, presentations, etc.
– Very good in English Language, Arabic and French Languages are an advantage.
- He/she must have completed a minimum of 1500 hours of flying an aircraft, Airbus 320 is preferred.
- Experience with low-cost airline is highly desirable.
- Possesses acceptable industry knowledge in aircraft systems and operating procedures.
- He/she must possess needed knowledge and exposure to handle any other role delegated to him/her such as security or safety related roles as required by the airline and respective civil aviation authority standards.
- Exposure to QA/Safety/Security/Audit procedures and practices related to and affecting Flight Operations.
- Capable of applying policies, procedures, and manuals as per approved standards and regulations.
- Capable to perform in a changing environment with heavy work-load schedules and ad-hoc scenarios.
- Composed, self-confident and focused, capable of handling emergencies and threats with efficiency.
- Proven skills in analysing data, identifying irregularities, and recommending solutions.
- Cost-oriented, possesses effective problem solving and decision-making skills.
- High accuracy and attention to details.
- Employs technical expertise and interpersonal relations to support company’s objectives.
- Demonstrates the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against business strategy and set KPIs.
Applications are to be submitted online here.
To apply for this job please visit careers.airarabia.com.