https://www-flightdeckfriend-com.exactdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/1310.jpg?strip=all&lossy=1&quality=100&ssl=1 198 439 https://szotd5xgc7mw.wpcdn.shift8cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/FDF-Logo-2.png 2020-08-24 10:33:182020-08-24 10:33:18Berry Aviation Non-Rated First Officers
Website Berry Aviation
Berry Aviation, Inc. (BAI) is a trusted leader in private aviation, with a portfolio of services that includes Government, Private Charter, Scheduled and On-Demand Freight, Maintenance, and FBO operations. BAI was formed in 1983 in Austin, Texas. Shortly thereafter, in 1987, BAI extended its aviation services by becoming a Department of Defense CARB Approved Air Carrier with worldwide operating authority and has provided specialty aviation services to various branches of the U.S. Military and other U.S. Government organizations. BAI conducts CONUS and OCONUS operations with a fleet of over 31 aircraft, with past and current OCONUS operations including, Hawaii, Marshall Islands, Johnston Island, Afghanistan, Peru, and Africa.
Our customers include all branches of the U.S. Military, Fortune 500 companies, NASCAR teams, and other Part 135 and 121 Air Carriers. BAI has twice been awarded the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Award for Excellence. BAI has grown into a dynamic, customer-focused company with the knowledge, experience and manpower to operate on short notice with turnkey safe aviation services. All flight operations are conducted by comprehensively trained and experienced pilots working closely alongside our 24-hour dispatch personnel to maintain a thorough emphasis on safety and on-time arrivals.
We are experiencing continued success and growth as BAI is always expanding our operations into new markets. Services are provided with the utmost security and safety measures.
Berry Aviation, Inc. is a privately held certified small business employing approximately 200+ employees. Today the corporate headquarters that oversees the worldwide operation is located at the San Marcos Municipal Airport (KHYI) 1807 Airport Drive San Marcos, TX 78666.
‘To continuously raise the bar for safety and customer satisfaction while demonstrating an uncommon ability to execute under the most challenging circumstances and the most difficult client requirements’.
Purpose of the job:
Shall serve as Second in Command (SIC) on Berry Aviation flights requiring two pilot crewmembers, and should be prepared to assume the duties of the Pilot in Command (PIC) should the PIC become incapacitated. First Officers shall be directly responsible to the Captain assigned to the flight on which they serve.
List of Duties:
- Reports directly to the assigned Pilot in Command during flight operations
- Carry out duties as assigned by the Pilot in Command during flight operations
- Monitor and assist in loading of cargo to ensure cargo and support equipment is airworthy and secured in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Prepare Weight and Balance paperwork in accordance with company procedures
- Review and prepare aircraft performance calculations in accordance with company procedures
- Receive local weather and ATC clearance to prepare the cockpit in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Assist the Pilot in Command with flying of the aircraft by either providing a support role or actual hands on flying, as directed by the Pilot in Command
- Remain on call during assigned period and must have the ability to arrive at the assigned aircraft within 30 minutes
- Must successfully complete all company initial and recurrent training and testing as directed by the training department
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum years of experience necessary to perform essential functions of the job:
6 months to 1 year
Minimum education level to perform essential functions of the job:
(Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Licenses, & Certifications)
- FAA Commercial Pilot with Multi Engine Instrument privileges
- 750 Hours Total Flight Time (may be waived by the Do or CP)
- 50 Hours Total Multi Engine Flight Time
- Current US Passport with at least 6 months remaining at all times during employment period
- Current FAA First Class Medical
- Must hold or be able to obtain a current and valid FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit (RR)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel away from domicile for long periods of time
- FAA Multi Engine Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
- 1500 Hours Total Flight Time
- 250 Hours Multi Engine
- Meets the Requirements for Canadian Canpass Program
Physical or Environmental Requirements:
- (Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Requirements, Office or Outside Conditions)
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to manipulate, push, pull, and lift heavy objects in excess of 150 lbs.
- Must be able to reach and stretch across objects and twist within confined spaces
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures, including cold and heat
Management or supervisory responsibility of the job:
Ability to directly supervise loading and unloading of aircraft and give directions to ground personnel when required
Typical decisions made by incumbent:
Must act in accordance with all FAA, BAI and ICAO policies and procedures as an aircraft pilot.
Applications are online.
To apply for this job please visit www.berryaviation.com.