Website Breeze Airways
Breeze Airways E170/E190 Rated First Officers (CQFO)
U.S. start-up company Breeze Airways is currently looking for Captain Qualified First Officers (CQFO). CQFOs will be fully trained as a Breeze Captains, to include Operating Experience (OE) and an official FAA observation. CQFOs will operate from the right seat until operational needs dictate the formal shift to the Captain’s left seat. Info from Breeze Airways career page.
Breeze Airways files to acquire the AOC of Compass Airways to launch operations in mid 2021
Breeze Airways (Salt Lake City), the new scheduled airline start-up of David Neeleman, has filed with the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) to acquire the air operator certificate (AOC) of disbanded Compass Airlines.
In the filing, Breeze announced it will begin charter operations in October 2020 before commencing scheduled passenger services in May 2021. The new airline plans to serve 15 underserved destinations on the East Coast, South, Texas and the Midwest.
To start operations, Breeze will lease 15 Embraer 190 aircraft from Nordic Aviation Capital.
The first new Airbus A220-300 aircraft will be delayed until August 2021 because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The A220s will be used to launch transcontinental routes.
Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
Breeze Airways is currently looking for Captain Qualified First Officers (CQFO). CQFOs will be fully trained as a Breeze Captains, to include Operating Experience (OE) and an official FAA observation. CQFOs will operate from the right seat until operational needs dictate the formal shift to the Captain’s left seat.
Breeze Airways Pilots are responsible for ensuring safe and timely flight operations in accordance with all Company policies and Federal Aviation Regulations. Our Pilots are overall Leaders who safely take care of our Team Members and Guests. They understand that our pursuit of Excellence is not a destination, but rather, a journey.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for having a thorough working knowledge of the equipment operated, Federal Aviation Regulations governing the operation of this equipment as well as Company manuals, Operations Specifications, policies, and other instructions
- Responsible to the Captain for the proper planning of the flight in accordance with all applicable weather information and reports, applicable Company policies and FARs
- Responsible for they are current and qualified for the assigned flight. This includes flight and duty time limitations, training, proficiency checks, medical certificate, etc.
- Perform all duties the Captain may assign in flight
- The knowledge and ability to assess risk and use the proper resources to keep risk to an acceptable level during all phases of ground and flight operations
- Employs the CRM concept of “Assertiveness with Respect”
- Maintains a high degree of proficiency and a thorough knowledge of flight operations, procedures, and systems applicable to the aircraft flown
- Develops technically and professionally in preparation for transition to PIC
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Company
- Through completion of appropriate pre- and post-flight inspection, ensures the airworthy condition of assigned aircraft in accordance with Company policy and FARs
- Becomes familiar with existing and forecast departure, arrival, and if applicable, alternate station weather prior to each flight
- Assists with and ensures proper handling of aircraft, passengers, baggage, and cargo at terminal points where other company personnel are not available
- Observe the Rules of Conduct for all employees as outlined in the Company Team Member Playbook
- Must be at least 23 years old at the time of hire
- High school diploma or equivalent educational achievement
- E170/190 Type Rating
- FAA Unrestricted Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate with airplane multi-engine class rating
- Must have 1,500 hours total time or 1,000 hours in high performance military aircraft (not including simulator and/or Flight Engineer time)
- Must have 1,000 hours in fixed-wing time in a turbine aircraft
- Must have the knowledge, skills and ability to upgrade to captain in a very short period of time
- Correctable vision in both eyes to 20/20
- Must maintain Pilot training history in accordance with the Pilot Records Improvement Act of 1996 (PRIA)
- Current First-Class FAA Medical Certificate
- Valid FCC Radiotelephone Operator’s Permit
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid passport
- Must be able to travel unrestricted to and from the United States
- Must pass a DOT pre-employment drug test
- Must pass a TSA required fingerprint-based criminal history records check and a Breeze background check
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Achieve performance measures and adhere to established standards in conjunction with Breeze Aviation Group Values of Safety, Kindness, Integrity, Ingenuity and Excellence
- 4-year degree from an accredited university
- Actively flying two of the past five years
- The ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products
- Ability to facilitate cooperative relationships between/among people and departments
- Ability to work with individuals and teams at all levels in the organization
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applications are online via their portal with Greenhouse. Use link below. Please get in touch if you require help with the application process. See our Pilot Career Hub or email the team directly at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.