Website British Airways
Please note that whilst this position does not require an A320 type rating, there is a Zero Flight Time (ZFT) minimum requirement which means the applicant must have a type rating, but not necessarily on the A320.
From British Airways:
Direct Entry – First Officer A320
The current closing date 31st January 2020.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do at British Airways. Our commitment to them is integral to our promise: To Fly. To Serve.
For British Airways Pilots, the customer always comes first. Your goal will be to provide the very best flight experience possible. Wherever you are going, your flying will be world class. The life of a commercial pilot is both challenging and exciting. Never more so than at British Airways. Joining one of the most progressive international airlines in the industry, you’ll be challenged every day to perform to the highest standards. In everything you do, you will be integral to delivering our reputation for unrivalled customer service.
We offer a greater choice of fleet types and routes, both long and short haul, than any other UK airline. And this year, we are delighted to have welcomed the Airbus A350 as well as further A320 NEO, B777 and B787 aircraft to our already modern fleet and we are seeking suitably qualified pilots to join British Airways on our A320 Fleet at both Heathrow and Gatwick. Far beyond the flight deck, you’ll be respected for the difference you make. You can be proud to lead a superb customer-centric operation. With you on board, we’ll achieve our vision to become the ‘most admired airline’.
With a generous salary, biddable roster to destinations around the globe, excellent staff travel benefits and a competitive pension, 2020 is a great year to join us as we continue to grow and provide a world class airline to Britain and the world.
Our business has ambitious plans for the future, including expanding our global network further and wider. Which means your career prospects will be looking rather good. If you aspire to be a Captain of the future and have impressive determination, impeccable professionalism and total devotion to our customers, we would love to hear from you.
Preference will be given to those that hold a current A320 rating.
For pilots successful at assessment, your base will be confirmed at point of offer.
A current UK issued EASA Flight Crew Licence Frozen/ Unfrozen ATPL (A) or the ability to convert current state issued licence to a UK EASA licence before date of joining
- A UK issued EASA Class 1 medical certificate with at least 6 months validity remaining from date of joining OR an EASA Class 1 Medical certificate acceptable to the UK Aeromedical for State of Licence Transfer (SOLI transfer) with at least 6 months validity remaining from your date of joining
- Current type rating and a minimum of 500 flying hours or 100 sectors (not including simulator time) on a Zero Flight Time (ZFT) qualifying aircraft, ideally with flying experience on this type within the past 12 months
- Height will be between 1.57m (5’2″) and 1.91m (6’3″) with weight in proportion to height (height is accurately determined during the assessment process). Qualified pilots who are taller than 1.91m may submit an application but will be required to undergo a functionality check to confirm their ability to meet the requirements of the seating positions in the British Airways fleet of aircraft
- A good level of physical fitness, and ability to satisfy the British Airways medical requirements
- ICAO Level 6 proficiency in English language
- A valid passport (with minimum of 12 months before expiry date) allowing unrestricted worldwide travel
- The unrestricted right to live and work in the UK
Applications are online.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ba.com.