Website Jet Star
Sent to us by Jetstar:
New Zealand DCH-8 / Q300 First Officers
At Jetstar we are adventurous achievers! We launched in New Zealand in 2005 flying Trans-Tasman services between Sydney and Christchurch, and now operate more than 50 weekly international return services between Australia and New Zealand. In 2009, New Zealand domestic operations were launched and Jetstar now accounts for up to 20% share of the domestic market.
The Jetstar New Zealand Regional operation was launched in December 2015 operating a fleet of Dash 8 Q300 aircraft. We have injected increased capacity and more affordable fares into regional New Zealand, connecting its’ people to the rest of the world, through the innovation and can do attitude our highly skilled and valued employees.
A career as a Jetstar NZ Regional Pilot is rewarding, exciting and challenging. Our Captains and First Officers will be actively involved in our dynamic two crew turbo-prop RPT operation, taking control of some of the most sophisticated regional aircraft, with a focus on safety. Being passionate about your job will ensure you enjoy and long and fulfilling career with us.
To be considered for a role of First Officer, you will hold:
- Hold, or be eligible to hold, an Australian or New Zealand Air Transport Pilot Licence OR Commercial Pilot Licence with passes in all ATPL
- Theory subjects (Australian ATPL/CPL and subjects is preferred – for international applicants, please see http://www.casa.gov.au/fcl/overbr.htm for licence information)
- English Language Proficiency Level 6 on your Licence
- Hold current endorsements for Instrument Approach 2D and 3D on a current Australian Instrument Rating – Multi Engine Aeroplane (New Zealand applicants will be required to convert their licence/ratings to an Australian Licence/Rating if successful)
You will also meet our minimum experience criteria of:
- 700 hours total flying time and
- 250 hours or greater PIC of a multi-engine aeroplane (MEA) excluding ICUS, OR 250 hours or greater PIC of a single engine turbine aircraft greater than 3,400 MTOW OR 250 hours or greater as a co-pilot in a multi-engine turbine, multi-crew aircraft
- CASA or CAANZ Class 1 Aviation Medical Certificate
- Be willing and able to pass a Drug and Alcohol Test
- The ability to hold an Australian Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) and New Zealand AVSEC (effective 1st July 1997 under the Commonwealth Air Navigation Act, you are required to undertake extensive background and security checks, at your own expense, to establish your eligibility to hold an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC))
Our ongoing training program is highly regarded throughout the aviation industry and is designed to develop our pilots to their full potential whilst ensuring our impeccable safety record is maintained.
In return for your hard work, Jetstar will offer you a diverse and attractive range of benefits, and a variety of career options arising from the complexity and specialisation of the various businesses. You will be supported to explore and develop both personally and professionally, from command upgrades to training and checking positions as well as opportunities to move into regulatory, compliance roles or management positions within Jetstar….. the sky is the limit!
Are you up for the challenge……apply now!
Jetstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we invite you to be part of an organisation that fosters a diverse workplace, supports many charities and environmental initiatives.
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 200 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 120 aircraft. Our vision is to make the world more accessible, and our mission is to set the standard for everyday low fares, fun travel and great value.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://secure.dc2.pageuppeople.com/apply/620/gateway/Default.aspx?c=apply&sJobIDs=497237&SourceTypeID=796&sLanguage=en →