Website Nova Systems
About the opportunity
Due to the potential growth in our European flight test business, we are seeking expressions of interest from qualified and experienced EASA Class 1 Experimental Fixed Wing Test Pilots who would like to work in the UK and Middle East.
Nova Systems Europe have a team of highly qualified Fixed and Rotary Wing Test Pilots and Flight Test Engineers with experience across a wide range of operational roles. As a result of the potential for new aircraft development programmes, Nova are now seeking to reinforce the team with further Fixed Wing Test and Evaluation experience, with a specific focus on an experienced senior test pilot to conduct flight test activities during developmental and certification test of a new aircraft design at a test centre in the Middle East.
The successful candidate would be expected to spend a majority of their time at the development facility where the role will involve the delivery of the full range of development and certification flight test although they will be expected to support UK-based projects as well. The role is also likely to involve deployment with prototype aircraft and test teams to remote test locations. You will be an experienced and professionally qualified EASA Class 1 Fixed Wing Test Pilot with extensive experience of combat aircraft test programmes.
What you’ll actually do
You’ll be involved in many aspects of the aircraft development programme. Typically, this might involve;
- Acting as a leading member of a team of flight test professionals in the delivery of a combat aircraft development programme
- Planning and flying of development and certification flight tests
- Investigation, problem solving and reporting of aircraft development issues
- Engagement and interfacing with programme management, engineering, support and external stakeholders
What you’ll need
- Eligibility to work in Europe and the Middle East
- Current / eligible for a NATO recognised Security Clearance
- Qualified Test Pilot (ETPS/USNTPS/USAFTPS/EPNER long course graduate with EASA FT Rating)
- Eligible for EASA ATPL(A) IR, with more than 1500hrs total time, ideally including experience operating a ground attack aircraft
- Eligible to hold EASA Class 1 medical
- Extensive combat aircraft developmental flight test experience, ideally including specific experience of weapons and/or sensor trials
- Conversant with EASA/FAA CS or EMAR regulations
- Safety Management and training experience
- Educated to Degree level with high level of written and verbal communication skills in English and the ability to write technical reports of the highest standard
- Self-motivated and able to operate with a high degree of autonomy
- Problem Solving Skills
- Comfortable and influential in client communication and management
- Flexible, positive and committed team member, who works to very high standards and cares about client interests, and Nova’s own professional reputation
- Flexible, career driven and can work independently or part of a team
- Willingness to travel
Nova Systems is an international Professional Service Provider specialising in the provision of engineering and management services, providing industry and government with world class independent expertise in delivering complex projects and solving technologically challenging problems.
Nova employs over 500 specialist consultants across the UK, Europe, Singapore and Australia, with UK offices in Andover, Bristol and Maidenhead.
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of “Top 50 best places to work” in Australia and Singapore and Nova Systems UK won 8th place in the 2019 UK Best Workplace.
These are exciting times for us and we’re keen to take our people with us in our success.
We offer a generous total reward package, including a professional development allowance and leave entitlement, 25 days annual leave, team and social events, annual work conference, annual and immediate recognition schemes, up to 4% non-contributory pension, life insurance, employee assistance helpline and much more!
Please submit your CV along with any additional information you feel will be beneficial in supporting your application via our website.
We are committed to increasing diversity of staff within Nova Systems Europe and within the aerospace and engineering sector as a whole. We welcome applications from everyone who meets the requirements of the role descriptions and we are committed to equal opportunity, equal treatment and respect for every individual. We offer, and value, flexible working and we are also proud to be committed to mental health awareness and to actively supporting the wellbeing of our team. If you have special access requirements, please do let us know.
To apply for this job please visit novasystems.secure.force.com.