Qatar Airways – Pre-Ops and Crew Control Officer – Operations Team
Qatar airways are recruiting for pre-ops and crew control officers based in the Doha Region of Qatar with the flight operations team. The job expires soon so please apply on the direct website. Please see the following information taken from the Qatar Airways Careers Page:
About the role
The Pre-Ops and Crew Control officer works within the integrated Operations Center (IOC) and is responsible for carrying out crew roster maintenance, monitoring and support activities to meet operational requirements and situations either within the ‘Day-Of-Ops’ window or ‘Pre-Ops window as required. it is a 24/7 shift work in the IOC and requires regular liaison and professional interaction with Flight Crew and Cabin Crew, the IOC stakeholders and Flight Operation Management.
Some responsibilities of the role include:
- Monitor crew rosters and alerts to ensure crew are compliant and operate with the necessary QCAA and company regulations, taking necessary corrective actions where required.
- Carry out required modifications to crew rosters using the TOPS crew tracking system, ensuring compliance with applicable QCAA regulations, FTL schemes and company rules.
- Notify crew members of roster changes, this includes flight delays and cancellations through the appropriate communication tools to avoid a potential delay or disruption.
- Amend the required crew complement on each flight using the available systems to ensure the correct crew complement requirements are met.
- Finalize crew routes in case of flight cancellations or aircraft changes and reflect the same on the crew roster, to ensure timely notification and ensure legality is achieved.
- Allocate crew efficiently to duties using the TOPS crew tracking system, considering the resource availability, operational risk and maintaining the department KPl’s i.e. Safety, Cost and Roster Stability.
- Take calls and answer queries from crew or other stakeholders efficiently, in a timely manner and ensure correct and concise information as required.
- Report any incidents that occur with crew members to the Senior Crew Control & Pre-Ops officer and/or CDM. To ensure the operation is not negatively affected and relevant stakeholders are kept updated.
- Actively participate and cooperate with disruption recovery strategies, providing relevant crew information.
- Actively contribute to the Crew Control log by notifying the Senior Crewing Officer and CDM of specific events to ensure fluidity of information is provided and is up to date.
- Evaluate and action schedule change requests in line with the operational needs and commercial opportunities.
- Support analysis of events in order to provide support for investigations and enhance department processes.
- Support acceptance of testing for new systems and new releases/versions of existing systems and processes.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of Department.
- Take responsibility for your own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Keep abreast with any market trends and developments.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its
subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, the impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
An ideal candidate should meet the below requirements:
Without a Degree:
High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma
Based on Role) with Minimum 3 years of job-related experience
With a Degree:
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with a minimum 1 year of job-related experience
Basic or entry-level of Microsoft office and Computer skills.
Command of the English language.
Ability to perform under pressure and High level of problem-solving skills.
Detailed knowledge of regulatory requirements.
Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders.
Ability to deliver excellent customer service.
To apply for this job please visit careers.qatarairways.com.