Website Virgin Atlantic
Virgin Atlantic are recruiting a Flight Deck Technical Knowledge Instructor.
This has the potential to be a great opportunity to join a highly reputable airline for anyone who has some prior training experience and been unfortunate enough to loose their medical.
Source for all job information: Virgin Atlantic Website
Closing date: 18 July 2019
In a nutshell
In this role you will be responsible to the Chief Technical Knowledge Instructor (CTKI) and you’ll be delivering technical training to our pilots.
You’ll teach in the classroom, Flight Training Device (FTD) and with other equipment, as required. We expect you to instruct on technical subjects and Virgin Standard Operating Procedures for various aircraft types. You’ll devise lecture notes for trainees, present lectures and advise the CTKI of any necessary revisions or amendments that are required to the course syllabi.
In addition you will produce training course material and electronic presentations to develop our pilots.
Day to day
Delivering Technical Training
- Deliver initial & recurrent technical training to Pilots in accordance with VAA syllabus and regulatory requirements.
- You’ll prepare delegates to achieve appropriate examination standards, company approvals and licensing requirements.
- Manage and motivate delegates to encourage a highly proficient and dedicated workforce for VAA and external customers
- Co-ordinate with other internal and external providers to ensure effective delivery of assigned training programmes.
Preparing course material
- We expect you to ensure that all course material is up to date, accurate and meets the needs of students
- You’ll design and develop new courses, modules and ad-hoc training courses based on up-to-date training needs analysis and using the most appropriate and cost effective training technology.
- Capture and monitor course feedback for the continuous improvement of courses and individual performance
Quality, Continuous Improvement and Projects
- Manage all necessary documentation and publications for the compliance and effective running of Flight Deck Training
Production of reports and plans as directed
- You will act as ‘focal’ for key department or VAA-wide projects as assigned for example, Entry Into Service projects for new aircraft types.
We’d like you to be able to demonstrate a proven track record as an aircraft Technician/Approved Engineer or Flight Engineer. Some simulator training experience would be an advantage.
Do you have previous training experience as a Flight Crew Instructor or Aircraft Technical Instructor? If the answer is “yes” and you’re positive, flexible, ambitious and dedicated towards effective and efficient training within a team, we’d love to hear from you
Our pioneering spirit and passion keeps our brand vibrantly alive. That’s why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits in place to help you enjoy life to the full, as well as a world of travel opportunities including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic global destinations. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes, life assurance, child care vouchers and excellent discounts across the Virgin Group of companies. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible remote working is available.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Atlantic does not accept unsolicited agency CVs. Please do not send unsolicited CVs to our job openings or to Virgin Atlantic employees. Virgin Atlantic is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.