Join TUI, the Holiday Airline of Choice, as a First/Second Officer and you’ll provide a safe and enjoyable in flight experience for all our customers. It’s an important part of our culture that we all contribute to ensuring our customers’ expectations are not only met, but exceeded. We see the journey as part of our customer’s holiday; we expect our pilots to embrace the customer focused culture and go the extra smile to ensure our cabin service is the envy of our competitors.
TUI is part of TUI Group, the world’s leading leisure travel group. Right now, we’re building an international customer facing team that will deliver a consistent, contemporary service to every single customer from all of our European countries. Joining us will not only provide you with opportunities for you to grow your career, but you’ll also get the benefits of being part of an exciting multi-cultural and united team.
What you will be doing
You’ll be operating as a First/Second Officer (depending on experience) on either the B737 or the B737/787. You’ll initially be frozen on type for a period of 3 years, after which you’ll be permitted to bid on to one of our other aircraft types, if you wish.
You’ll enjoy working with people and be a skilled communicator. You’ll have excellent customer service skills with a proven ability to make the right decision in any given scenario, taking into account all the circumstances and the needs of everyone involved. We would also expect you to have a clear understanding of the TUI values and strategy. With a genuine passion for aviation, you’ll demonstrate a desire to deliver a great experience for our customers on every flight and ensure everyone sees us as the best-loved holiday company.
What we are looking for
- EASA ATPL/CPL with ATPL theory credits with current IR. If your licence is issued by a non-UK state, be willing and able to transfer to a UK issued EASA licence prior to joining TUI, at your own cost
- A current EASA Class 1 medical; if your medical records are not held by the UK CAA, be willing and able to transfer your medical records to the UK to permit the issue of a UK issued EASA licence, at your own cost
- A minimum of 1500 hours total flying time on any aircraft OR 250 sectors on a multi-pilot turbo-jet transport category aeroplane or a multi-pilot turbo-prop aeroplane having a MTOM of not less than 10 tonnes or an approved passenger seating configuration of more than 19 passengers
- Rated B737 / B787 must have 500 hours on type and 100 hours in the last 12 months.
- At least 100 hours flying in the last twelve months
- Have completed an MCC course (as per FCL.735.A) and Advanced UPRT (subject to regulation)
- Hold a valid 10 year UK or EU passport that permits worldwide travel freely to the destinations we fly to – minimum 6 months’ validity
- Eligible to live and work indefinitely in the UK without additional approvals
- Level 4 English with the ability to upgrade to Level 6
- Travelling time from place of residence to home base must not exceed 60 minutes in the UK
- Willing to work on a flying programme which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year
- At least 1.58m tall
- Able to swim 25 metres
Working within TUI group
Be Yourself… Be Unique! TUI’s more than a brand, it’s who we are. Trusted – Unique – Inspiring.
We’re the leading tourism business with diverse customers and over 67,000 employees. Together, we embrace different continents and cultures. We believe travel broadens the mind. Just like our customers, we’re on a journey, of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives. Inclusion is fundamental to everything that we achieve and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
The TUI Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies. TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
Join us now and you can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme (with current employer contributions of 10%) and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
This is a full time permanent position based in the UK with positions available on our B737 and B787 fleets. Positions at regional bases will be B737 only and positions at our B787 bases (Birmingham, Gatwick and Manchester) will be dual B737/787. Your fleet will be determined by business and operational requirements at the time. Should you be successful, this will be discussed at the point we make an offer of employment.
As it will be necessary for you to complete a full Type Rating course, a contribution towards the cost of your training will be deducted from your salary. This will equate to £7,000 per annum for the first 3 years of employment and will be deducted from your salary in 36 equal monthly installments.
How to apply
Please Note: If you’ve attended an assessment centre with us in the last 12 months then you’ll be unable to submit an application for this position, this is monitored by our Recruitment Team.
To apply for this role, please click on the link below where you’ll be required to complete an online application form and upload your CV.
Application screening will take place in the coming weeks. If your application is progressed, you’ll be invited to attend an assessment centre at our TUI Training Centre in East Midlands (England, UK).
Our assessment centres will be a full day and will consist of a number of group and individual activities. Should you meet our requirements, you may be invited to complete a simulator assessment.
If successful, you’ll be placed in to our Pilot Talent Pool until a position becomes available. To be open and transparent, you may remain in our Pilot Talent Pool for a number of months.
Our Pilot requirements continuously change throughout the year and whilst we endeavour to make a formal offer of employment to all Talent Pool candidates; we want to let you know that in some instances, this may not always be possible due to changes in our recruitment requirements. If you’re placed in the Talent Pool, your application will be kept on-hold for a maximum of 12 months. Should you be offered a position and then decline, there is no guarantee of an alternative position being offered.
If you have any queries, please contact: [email protected]
Applications are online.