BA CityFlyer have launched their First Officer Career Development Programme in conjunction with Kura Aviation. Once again we expect programme to be very popular so please apply if you’re interested as soon as you can.
If selected you will undertook Kura Aviation’s BESTPILOT programme which will prepare you for the transition to an multi-crew airline operation. The cost is £4000+VAT and there are some selection fees too. Providing you meet the required standard during the BESTPILOT programme you will enter the hold pool for a First Officer position at BACF and all further training will be funded by BA Cityflyer and you will be bonded for 2 years. BACF are also contributing the cost of the BESTPILOT programme resulting in reduced cost for candidates.
From Kura & BA CityFlyer:
Recognising the experience of pilots who have in excess of 1000 hrs flown on aircraft under 10 tonnes, and in order to meet its medium term resourcing requirements, BA CityFlyer is partnering exclusively with KURA Aviation to launch the airline’s brand new ‘First Officer Career Development Programme’.
The role of a First Officer is guaranteed subject to satisfactorily meeting the standards required on a specifically tailored BESTPILOT™ programme designed to transition the pilot smoothly into airline commercial operations. Successful candidates will be offered short term hold pool positions until such time as the commencement date is confirmed by BA CityFlyer. Notice periods will be taken into consideration.
Key Features of the BA CityFlyer First Officer Placement Programme:
- This is a unique opportunity designed specifically for pilots, from across the industry, who have a minimum of 1000 hrs total time on aircraft under 10 tonnes to join the airline. Pilots with a range of experiences are invited to apply
- Prospective candidates will go through KURA’s Pilot Selection process with final interview undertaken by BA CityFlyer
- The successful candidates will be bonded to the airline for a period of 2 years
- The successful candidates must be able to satisfactorily complete all component parts of the BESTPILOT™ commercial conversion programme. The cost of the training is part funded by the airline.
- 1000 hrs Total Time on aircraft under 10 tonnes
- MCC Certificate
- ELP 6
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Unrestricted right to live and work in the UK
- Be able to satisfy BA CityFlyer referencing requirements
- Must be able to attend for selection in the periods stated in the FAQ
Applications are online, through the link below or by clicking on the banner at the top of the page. Applications close on the 3rd of August.