Titan Airways – Head of Training
Titan Airways are recruiting for the position of Head of Training. The role will be predominately office based with some simulator and line training / checking duties and the candidate must have be TRE certified on one of Titan’s Boeing or Airbus types. Info from Titan Airways LinkedIn page.
Reporting directly to the Flight Operations Director (FOD) for all matters related to Flight Operations Training and Standards. Additionally, as the AoC Nominated Person Crew Training you will report to the Accountable Manager for compliance with Crew Training legislation.
Day to Day responsibilities include:
- ➢ Supervision of training and testing of flight crew to ensure a safe and efficient standard in excess of regulatory minimum
- ➢ Compliance with the current regulations and ownership of OMD
- ➢ Responsible for OMD and procedures and lesson plans contained within
- ➢ Responsible for management and control of Department Compliance Checks (DCC)
- ➢ Management and oversight of Training department Line Management Checks (LMC)
- ➢ Maintaining IOSA standard for the Flight Crew Training Department
- ➢ Selection of training staff and consistent delivery and application of training and standards
- ➢ Appropriate certification of training staff and crew
- ➢ Approval and auditing of all sub contracted training providers
- ➢ Approval and auditing of all synthetic training devices
- ➢ Meaningful assessment of risk and evaluation of safety strategies using FDM and
- ➢ Measurement of the success of each training package
- ➢ Maintaining comprehensive training records
- ➢ Timely co-ordination and forward planning of the annual training schedule
- ➢ Facilitate standardisation lectures with the training team to include feedback and
- ➢ Review of returned training documents, observations (LMCs)
The successful candidate will:
- ➢ Hold a valid UK and/or EASA ATPL(A) and Class1 medical with a current type rating and TRE / TRI certificate with significant experience on a Titan Airways type. A current type rating and training experience on A330 aircraft will be a significant advantage.
- ➢ Have held a similar post as an AOC Nominated Person in a CAT operations environment for a minimum of 2 years, with a minimum of 5 years TRE experience
- ➢ Be able to demonstrate an outstanding knowledge of training programmes / scheduling within a mixed fleet operation.
- ➢ Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of applicable UK and EASA regulations.
- ➢ Be able to build and maintain excellent relationships with both internal and external
- ➢ Have excellent management skills with exceptional organisational and coordination skills
- ➢ Hold a good level of general business acumen combined with commercial awareness
- ➢ Have an awareness of the IOSA auditing standard and processes
- ➢ Be a confident and effective communicator at all levels
- ➢ Be a self-motivated and driven individual with a flexible ‘can do’ attitude.
This role is primarily office based with approximately 25% line / check flying / simulator duties as required.
Applications should be made to [email protected] with covering letter and CV by close of business 16th April 2021.