Website Trans Island Airways
Trans Island Airways Cessna Caravan EX Captain
Trans Island Airways is recruiting Cessna Caravan EX Captains for their base at Nassau in The Bahamas. Info from Apply.Workable.com where the applications are processed.
Trans Island Airways is the largest wheeled Caravan Operator in the Bahamas and South Florida region with a fleet of 5 Cessna Grand Caravan EX aircraft with an average fleet age of 2.3 years old. We are dedicated to providing the highest level of safety and service in the region, while providing pilots with the adventure of a lifetime flying throughout the Bahamas and Caribbean in our new planes, Pilots can expect to fly between 500 and 700 hours per year.
The contract period for this employment position is 12 months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Captains are responsible for the safe conduct of flights to which they are assigned. Captains report directly to the chief pilot. When assigned to a flight, the captain has the final authority in the operation of the aircraft. Captains must ensure compliance with all applicable local and international regulations, as well as the policies and procedures specified in the company operations manual. Captains are the company’s most visible representative to the passengers and must act with tact and decorum while ensuring an efficient and safe operation.
The duties of the Caravan Captain include:
- Present a professional and positive image of Trans Island Airways
- Practices safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures
- Provide clear, accurate and timely communication to passengers, customers, agents, pilots and dispatch
- Check aircraft prior to flights and ensures engines, controls, instruments and other systems are functioning properly. Monitor engine operation, fuel consumption, functioning of aircraft, altitudes, plane weight, weather, wind, tide and swell conditions before and during flight
- Communicates flight status to control tower, dispatch, and outstations clearly and timely
- Ensure that all cargo has been loaded and that the aircraft weight is properly balanced
- Plan and operate flights according to government and company regulations to ensure flight safety
- Load and unload aircraft
- Perform pre-flight checklist on engine(s), hydraulics, and other systems
- Handle in-flight emergencies
- Greet and escort passengers to aircraft
- Maintain flight schedule
- Regularly check and report aircraft position and performance
- Note any incidents that occurred during the flight
- Other duties as assigned
Trans Island Airways is currently looking to hire energetic and excited pilots to work in our growing flight department. The candidates should posses a warm personality and be able to work well with others in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
Working conditions include working both inside and outside, exposed to inclement weather. Length of the duty day varies seasonally, the longest duty day is fourteen hours. Work hours vary. Trans Island Airways operates seven days a week.
Trans Island Airways has multiple crew bases, pilots can expect to rotate through remote bases during their contract period.
- Total Time: 1500 Hours
- Cross Country Time: 500 Hours
- Night Time: 100 Hours
- Instrument Time: 75 Hours
- Valid Commercial Pilots License
- Valid First Class Medical
- Prior Turbine and Caravan Experience Preferred
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Working knowledge of Aviation Regulations
- Knowledge of simple arithmetic
- Ability to perform service operations outside and in warm temperatures and weather
- Must be able to work at in a fast paced environment
- Must possess the ability to fluently read, write, speak and understand English
- Must be physically able to lift up to 60lbs routinely and safely, and occasionally heavier items
- Be punctual, organized and clean appearance
- Possess the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to work self-directed and within a team
- Ability to demonstrate exemplary performance as a professional aviator
- Must pass pre-employment FAA DOT drug test and participate in random drug testing
- Basic computer skills
Physical demands that are essential to the job include standing, walking, bending, climbing up to aircraft. Lifting up to 60lbs routinely and safely, and occasionally heavier items, carrying boxes, bags and various objects. Sitting for extended periods of time. Requires stretching climbing bending and sitting for extended periods of time. Subject to loud noise and vibration, as well as other motion typical during flight.
The Selected Candidate will receive:
- Annual Salary with Bonus Structure
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Health Insurance
- Relocation and Housing Package
- Contract Completion Bonus
Applications are online. If you need assistance with the application please get in touch at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.