MEA is inviting applications from young, motivated, hardworking, determined and creative Lebanese Nationals to be trained under the MEA Cadet Pilot Training Program, to become qualified First Officers (Co-Pilots). They will be required eventually to work as part of the Flight Crew (Pilots) on modern aircrafts of MEA’s new state of the art fleet.
The airline pilot’s profession requires the safety awareness and the demonstration of high standards of mental and physical skills e.g. problem solving , coping with pressure and change in addition to certain personality traits such as discipline, high moral values and integrity (Ethics). Airline pilots have to be good team -players and should be able to adapt to working within a multinational environment and international training.
Interested Candidates will undergo a selection process which will determine their suitability for the role of First Officers. This selection process is divided into several stages, which necessitates passing them successfully. Successful candidates will join the MEA Cadet Pilot Training Program designed to train them to obtain the European JAA (Joint Aviation Authorities) Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL), Commercial Pilot License (CPL), and Instrument Rating (IR), Multi Crew Cooperation Course (MCC) and Jet Orientation Course (JOC).
This training is conducted at a contracted renowned flying school, usually Flight Training Europe www.ftejerez.com . All testing will be conducted under the United Kingdom Civil Aviation Authority regulations.
The duration of the initial (ab-initio) training, comprised of ground school, simulator, actual airplane flying and JOC is estimated at 66 weeks. The cost of this program includes full board accommodation.
Following the successful completion of the initial (ab-initio) training, the cadet will also undergo a Type Rating training (estimated at 6 weeks). For information about MEA Corporate Structure and fleet visit Organizational Chart. The functions of the pilots (Flight Crew) in MEA are within the Operations Division.
The following pages contain the information required to take you through the selection process. MEA reserves the right to change the information below if and when deemed necessary.
1. General Requirements:
- Lebanese Nationality.
- Recent and clean judicial record.
- Medically fit.
- Prepared to undergo rigorous medical testing, theoretical, and flight training.
- Have not applied more than once to the program. Only one repeat is allowed.
Born between 01/01/1994 and 31/12/1999 (both dates inclusive).
- Lebanese Baccalaureate or official equivalence.
- Holding a university (any major) degree or CPL/IR
- Candidates who are in their last year of university and are expecting to graduate before August 2020, may apply and shall be considered. However, they will not be accepted for training until they earn their degrees.
4. Physical Requirements
- Acceptable physical appearance.
- Height: minimum of 170 cm for males and 168 cm for females.
- Weight: appropriate to height.
- Adequate Body Mass Index (BMI)
5. Medical Requirements
- In good health.
- MEA’s Cadet Pilot Medical screening form to be Completed , Approved and Signed by your physician, (download form 3)
- Non smoker; if you are a smoker you must stop smoking (proof is required).
6. Languages speaking reading and writing
- Mechanical comprehension
- General aptitude
- Computer skills / Pilot aptitude.
- Term of the Contract: Once selected to join MEA’s Cadet Pilot Training Program, you will be required to sign a Contract with MEA for Ten Contractual Years, starting from the date of employment, and valid thereafter.
- Starting salary as “First Officer” is approximately US$3,500.00
2.Cost of training
Successful applicants shall bear the costs of their initial (ab-initio) training estimated at US$ 160,000.
However, in case of financial difficulty, MEA may assist in arranging a credit facility based on a written request (Download form 4) from the Cadet pilot subject to the evaluation and results of a Committee that will carry out a Social Investigation concerning the Cadet’s financial situation. The amount of loan shall be repayable by the Cadet Pilot effective from the first month of employment in the Company.
The granting of the above mentioned credit requires the provision of US$ 130,000 as a bank guarantee acceptable to MEA, and /or a real estate mortgage in the value of not less than US$ 165,000.00 acceptable to MEA for the period of the loan.
Cadet pilots willing to pay fully their Training Phase costs, without any financial assistance from MEA, shall be given the priority to start their training.
A. Ab-Initio training:US$ 160,000.00 (estimated)
1. If a loan is not required, the cadet pilot must settle the following payments as specified here under:
- US$ 60,000 on the date of Contract’s signature.
- US$ 50,000 after 3 months starting from the date of the Training Phase.
- US$ 50,000 after 6 months starting from the date of the Training Phase.
Payments can be made favor “Middle East Airlines” by transfer to:
“MEA Cadet Pilot Training Program”
IBAN no.# LB97-0056-0004-0708-1461-0020-0434,
Bank Audi, Plaza Bab Idriss branch
- In United States Dollars only
- Please keep your receipt and make sure your ID number and name are mentioned on the receipt
2. If a loan is required, the cadet pilot must pay the following amounts and provide the required guarantees:
- Initial payment: US$ 30,000.
- Amount to be lent: US$ 130,000 (estimated) against securing a real estate mortgage in the amount of US$ 165,000, and/ or a bank guarantee (download sample form 7) acceptable to MEA in the amount of US$ 130,000.
- Balance shall be collected via installments after the end of the Training Phase, and the date of release of the Cadet as a First Officer. ( طائرة قائد مساعد )
B. Type rating: US$ 75,000.00 (estimated)
- For the purpose of the type rating, the Cadet pilot is required to provide a ‘Certified Personal Guarantee in Solidarity with a sponsor acceptable to .(8 form sample download ) (كفالة شخصية بالتضامن مصادق عليها من كاتب عدل ) ‘MEA
- Type rating costs shall be debited to the personal account of the Cadet with the legal interest.
- This debt shall be waived when all legal, contractual and financial obligations are fully respected by the cadet pilot. .
The cadet pilot is required to undertake a Life and Personal Accident temporary Insurance covering but not limited to flying risks as a cadet pilot in the amount of US$ 160,000 naming MEA as the sole beneficiary (downloadform 5)
MEA shall contract out an insurance policy on behalf of the Cadet and at his/her own expense, which shall be debited to the personal account of the Cadet .
4.Formalities and Travel Arrangements
They will be handled by MEA, knowing that all estimated expenses are accounted for within the total cost of the Training Phase.
Recruitment anticipated: Unknown