Jet2.com Second Officers
Jet2.com have just launched their Second Officer programme which was previously called their Pilot Apprentice scheme. You can apply even if you’re not yet a fATPL but are scheduled to compete it by the end of February. This is a fabulous opportunity for new fATPL holders with no fees for the type rating and a Second Officer position in a growing company with both Boeing and Airbus types.
Become a Second Officer with Jet2.com
Applications Close: Wednesday 10th January 2024
Are you looking for your first commercial jet aviation role? We are looking for talented individuals to join our fast-growing customer focused success story and kick start their commercial flying career with Jet2.com
By joining our 20-week development scheme, you will embark on a programme to become one of our Second Officers starting from 2nd April 2024.
With opportunities on our Boeing or Airbus fleet, and positions available across our 11 UK bases, we are keen to meet current or future fATPL holders who can meet the eligibility criteria and time commitments detailed below.
About our programme:
You will spend 20-weeks experiencing life in various teams at our Leeds commercial and operational headquarters as well as spending time in one of our bases. You will shadow and work alongside the people that make Jet2.com a multi award-winning airline as well as training and operating as Cabin Crew. You will find more information about our exciting programme at our future pilots careers page
In order to apply you must meet the following criteria by 29th February 2024:
- Valid UK Part-FCL issued Pilots Licence
- Valid UK issued Class 1 Medical – minimum of 6 months validity when joining
- Completed an APS MCC course, or an individual Jet Orientation Course (JOC) & Multi Crew Co-operation course (MCC)
- Strong ATPL results and Training record
- Successful completion of a Multi-Engine Instrument Rating (ME-IR)
- The unrestricted right to work in the UK
- You will have also maintained your flying ‘currency’ through training and/or regular flying.
Following successful completion of the 20-week programme, you will then participate in a fully bonded type-rating, once this has been completed you will then join one of our fleets as a Second Officer.
The Application Process:
- The application window closes on 10th January 2024
- Candidates selected for the next stage are required to complete online psychometric and ability assessments and a short video interview.
- Successful candidates from the initial assessment stage will be asked to attend a Simulator Assessment in Cheadle, Stockport on either 23rd, 24th, 29th, 30th January 2024.
- Successful candidates at the Simulator Assessment stage will be invited to meet the recruitment team at an Assessment Centre scheduled to take place in Leeds in the week commencing 12th February 2024.
- Candidates should be aware that they need to be available on the above dates in order to progress their application.
If you would like to join us on the next stage of our journey – APPLY NOW!