Website Thomas Cook Airlines
About The Scheme
For Winter 2018/19 IAGO and Thomas Cook Airlines UK are pleased to continue with the innovative Thomas Cook Platinum Pilot Scheme, open to (F)ATPL holders of all experiences and backgrounds.
A differentiated Commercial Pilot training and employment scheme removing the element of “pay to “fly”, there are no requirements to self sponsor or guarantee any loan.
To the right candidates we are offering an enhanced type conversion on to the Airbus A320 leading to a conditional employment offer with global leisure carrier, Thomas Cook Airlines UK.
In partnership with Thomas Cook Airlines UK, IAGO will provide a fully integrated airline-ready conversion for Platinum pilots enabling a seamless transition to the First Officer role.
We are seeking:
- Non type–rated individuals who aspire to reach the highest professional flight crew standards and performance levels
- Individuals with high levels of self-motivation, customer focus and commercial awareness
- Safety lead, self aware individuals possessing strong latent flying capabilities
Who can apply?
To be eligible you will need:
- An (F)ATPL/IR or ATPL/IR with Class 1 Medical Certificate
- Have at least 70 hours as pilot-in-command of Aeroplanes (for the Platinum Cadet scheme) or > 1500 hours total time and 500 hours multi-crew or military experience (for the Platinum Star scheme)
- Have a valid multi-engine instrument rating (aeroplanes) within the last 5 years from the date of expiry of the rating. Only required for initial MPA course
- Hold a certificate of satisfactory completion of multi-crew co-operation course; or present a copy of the Multi Crew Co-operation Course credit certificate. This requirement is for the first MPA type only
- Be fluent in English (verbal and written Level 5 or 6)
- Ability to produce a Criminal Record Check (CRC) Basic Disclosure Certificate
- If you have you been out of the UK for a continuous period exceeding 6 months in the last 5 years you must be able to easily obtain a CRC for those countries lived in over that period and/or if there are any gaps exceeding 28 days or more. If you were unemployed and not claiming benefit during this period, you will need to provide a verified personal reference.
- The unrestricted right to live in the European Economic Area
- Aged 18 or over
What is included?
An enhanced Type conversion course on the Airbus A320 aircraft leading to employment as a FO with Thomas Cook Airlines UK*
- Extended Type Rating conversion course fully aligned to Thomas Cook Airlines UK operating procedures
- Aircraft Training (required for licence endorsement)
- Line Training
- Conditional First Officer contract*
* Conditional upon successful completion of the Training Course. Continued employment will be subject to a 6 month probationary period post Line release check in accordance with TCX capability management process.
- No upfront training funding required(1).
- No training fees will be charged to the applicant(1).
- A charge for the recruitment process will apply for Cadet pilots only.
To apply for this job please visit www.iagoplatinum.com.