At Cathay Pacific, our Second Officers are our future captains. If you have a passion for flying and the ambition to develop a career in aviation, we want to hear from you.
By joining the Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme you will receive sponsored training to obtain a Commercial Pilot License and become a pilot to operate regional, long haul and ultra-long haul flights. Cadets will undergo ground training with leading institutions in Hong Kong and around the world. Flying training will be conducted at world-renowned flying training organisations in the United States or Australia. Applications to the 50-60 week Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme are open year-round. Grab the opportunity to start your flying career today!
We will prepare you to fly by:
- Offering comprehensive ground school theory training to ensure you build your skills, knowledge and confidence
- Providing you with support from world-class instructors who will teach you the theory of flying, systems and the regulations required to succeed as an airline pilot
You will then learn to fly by:
- Spending time in both single and twin-engined light aircraft
- Practicing in jet aircraft Simulators and learning Airline Operating Procedures, Large Jet Handling and Multi-Crew Flying
- A Hong Kong Permanent Resident
- Graduated from secondary school with good passes in English language and Mathematics or Science; a degree in any discipline will also be considered provided you meet the secondary school criteria. Applicants with an Aviation degree will be given a priority.
- Physically fit and qualified for a Civil Aviation Department (HKCAD) Class 1 Medical Certificate
- Able to meet our flight deck reach requirements. Candidates may be asked to complete a static reach test and flight simulator reach assessment
- Achieve ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) English Language Proficiency level 4 or above
- Aged 18 years or above
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
You will receive more information about joining Cathay Pacific in Hong Kong as a Second Officer upon successful completion of the Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme.
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.