IndiGo, India’s largest and fastest growing low-fare Airline, is on a very dynamic growth trajectory. IndiGo placed an order of 100 Airbus in 2005 and then began its domestic operations in August 2006 before expanding to international operations on 1st September, 2011. IndiGo further placed a firm order with Airbus for 180 A320 Family aircraft in 2011 and 250 A320 neo in 2015. To support their dynamic growth, IndiGo has an ongoing requirement to recruit newly-trained cadets.
Since 2011, CAE has been a preferred training supplier of the leading airline, covering a wide range of training programmes, including ab- intio and type training. To date, CAE has trained more than 250 cadets for IndiGo.
CAE is proud to partner with IndiGo in the delivery of a new pathway for the IndiGo Cadet Pilot Programme – International Pathway. Selected cadets will train across two of CAE’s academies in India and the USA. This self-sponsored International Pathway is jointly designed by CAE and IndiGo to enable you to train for a Commercial Pilot License (CPL) and an Airbus A320 Type Rating with CAE before going on to fly as an A320 First Officer with IndiGo.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the IndiGo programme:
- Minimum age: 18 years at the time of the 1st attempt
- Maximum age: 32 years at the time of the 1st attempt
- Minimum education qualification: 10+2 with minimum score of 51% / Grade Point 6 / Grade C1 – individually in each subject i.e. Physics / Mathematics / English or a higher degree in these subjects with minimum of 51%.*
- Be of Indian nationality, or hold an overseas citizenship of India
- Be eligible to hold a visa for USA for the purpose of study
- Possess a valid Indian Class 1 medical certificate (No Limitations)**
- Possess a valid Class 2 / 1 medical certificate (FAA – USA)
- Be in good physical condition with appropriate weight and height
- Be fluent in English – both written and verbal
* If an applicant has graduated with physics and math or engineering with a mark of 55 % or more, the eligibility criterion of 12th with 55% except in English can be overlooked.
** Candidates not possessing an Indian Class 1 medical can apply for the IndiGo programme with a Class II medical, however they must possess an Indian Class 1 medical prior to commencing on the programme.
Note: Applicants will be required to provide copies or proof of all documentation, certificates/mark sheets at Interview stage. (Application stage)
|Commercial Pilot License (CPL)
with Multi-Engine Instrument Rating (MEIR)
and Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT)
|Training in India
|Training in the USA
|Airbus A320 Type Rating *
|Note: Pricing is inclusive of appropriate taxes as per location.
*As on date. Future fees structure will be applicable when you reach that stage.
Applications are online.