IndiGo, India’s largest and fastest growing low-fare Airline, is on a very dynamic growth trajectory. IndiGo placed an order of 100 Airbus in 2005 and then began its domestic operations in August 2006 before expanding to international operations on 1st September, 2011. IndiGo further placed a firm order with Airbus for 180 A320 Family aircraft in 2011 and 250 A320 neo in 2015. To support their dynamic growth, IndiGo has an ongoing requirement to recruit newly-trained cadets.
Since 2011, CAE has been a preferred training supplier of the leading airline, covering a wide range of training programmes, including ab- intio and type training. To date, CAE has trained more than 250 cadets for IndiGo.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the IndiGo programme:
- Aged between 17 and (to) 30 years old and of Indian nationality, or hold an Overseas Citizenship of India
- Be eligible to hold a visa for Australia for the purpose of study
- Achieved a minimum score of 55% in Physics, Mathematics & English in (10+2) exam*
- Possess a valid Indian Class I medical certificate** (No Limitations)
- Possess a valid Australian Class I medical certificate
- Be in good physical condition with appropriate weight and height;
- Be fluent in English – both written and verbal
* If an applicant has graduated with physics and math or engineering with a mark of 55 % or more, the eligibility criterion of 12th with 55% except in English can be overlooked.
** Candidates not possessing an Indian Class 1 medical can apply for the IndiGo programme with a Class II medical, however they must possess an Indian Class 1 medical prior to commencing on the programme.
Note: Applicants will be required to provide copies or proof of all documentation, certificates/mark sheets at Interview stage. (Application stage)